Airfare price double for the "FREE" Airfare For 2nd Guest promo

dhanakorn

I did a mock-up booking just to see the benefit of the FREE Airfare For 2nd Guest promo.

First, if there is only one person in the room, the airfare price is $809. There is no benefit from FREE Airfare since there is only one guest.

image.png.a3564ad1ae8f4ad62f8b3bc6f4cc794b.png

Now if I change the number of guests to two persons, then the airfare for the 1st person is $1,618 but the 2nd guest is free from the FREE Airfare promo. 

image.png.10b451fabb6b414ec2deb7f7a3c55d1d.png

What is the saving from the FREE airfare for 2nd guest promo if NCL just doubles the price for the 1st guest and then claims that 2nd guest can fly for free? Am I missing something here?

• Like 1

I would suggest looking for your airfare separately and see about how much it is directly with the airlines. It could be that the airfare is $1618 for one person with the airline, then it's truly 50% off or 2nd guest is free. If the airfare direct with the airline is $809, then it's a ripoff. 

• Like 3

I priced out flights via NCL from Miami to Buenos Aires in December and was quoted $2000 per person. I was able to book tickets for less than $800 on my own (which, admittedly, took some cyber sleuthing and using an app that tracked prices and sent me a notification when the prices dropped). But we're a family of 6 and this saved us a TON of money over NCL, even with the 2nd person flying free. Even if I hadn't put so much effort into finding the best deal, I was seeing prices around $1500, which still would have saved me money for my party of 6. 

We used NCL for our flights out to Rome in 2021 and it worked out very well for us. No glitches in the flights, we were all seated together, and I saved money over booking on my own. I've read some scary stories about NCL arranged flights (and RC, too) and I'd only be tempted if the cost savings were significant. 

We, wife and I are flying from Raleigh, NC to Tromso Norway , and returning from Reykjavik, leaving on Aug 1 returning on Aug 15. I checked prices today, the round trip cost for two $7530.00 a far cry from the $1381.00 We paid for NCL air. This is the third time I have used NCL air, thus far no problem.

• Like 1