Chance Encounter in Singapore Spurs Fond Memories

thosby

While shopping in Singapore, one of our favorite cities, we encountered this wonderful reminder of experiences with Crystal over the years.  As it happens, our next visit to this city will be next year aboard Crystal, so this is a very good omen.  

CrystalSerenity.thumb.jpg.beb4831d208e316bc4e311d0672ae2ac.jpg

• Like 8

I'm curious why is was displayed there.  It seems kind of random, or was it?

Thanks for the picture.  I will love going back to Singapore some time.  I was last there in 1976 on my way from Bali to Manila!!

~Nancy

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, oakridger said:

I'm curious why is was displayed there.  It seems kind of random, or was it?

Not really.  It is on the departure level of the Harbourview Cruise Terminal.  There is also a model of a Star Cruises ship and a Royal Caribbean ship, IIRC.

For those who are interested in more detail, it is on level 2, past where the walkway from Vivo City goes into the Harbourview Centre. 

• Thanks 2

Nancy, I hope you can get back to Singapore.

Even in the years we visited Singapore starting in 2008 there have been lots of changes. I hope you get to see it again.  We would like to get back there at some point as we enjoyed the area and found it so easy to get around on our own in addition to several formal tours we've done there.  One was by A&K.  We also spent time their post cruise which was great before going on the flight from..........well I'll skip the word I was going to use but what started with miles involving two flights became due to an elimination of a flight months before we were flying replaced with four different flights.  Will never do that again.  😀

Singapore  is one of those places where you feel very "safe" as a tourist.  And although not as big as Bangkok there are some Jim Thompson stores there.  😀

FlyerTalker and thosby thank you for having shared the photos. I remember when I first saw the post by FlyerTalker I was glad to see them. It reminded me when we travel in the USA and abroad when I see the name of my former company as its name changed twice during acquisitions but I only think of it with  its original name.

Keith

11 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

FlyerTalker and thosby thank you for having shared the photos. I remember when I first saw the post by FlyerTalker I was glad to see them. It reminded me when we travel in the USA and abroad when I see the name of my former company as its name changed twice during acquisitions but I only think of it with  its original name.

Take a flight to Kansas City.

🙂