Future Cruise Deposit purchased on ship

I had applied for 2 Future Cruise Deposits when I was on the ship to use on future cruises. I noticed my credit card was not charged and that I never received an email confirmation.  Also checked my account and nothing was there either.  So I am assuming something went wrong and it did not happen.  I tried talking to an agent at Princess, but they did not understand.  Is there any way to still be able to get this or am I now out of luck?

5 minutes ago, C & C Love to Cruise said:

I had applied for 2 Future Cruise Deposits when I was on the ship to use on future cruises. I noticed my credit card was not charged and that I never received an email confirmation.  Also checked my account and nothing was there either.  So I am assuming something went wrong and it did not happen.  I tried talking to an agent at Princess, but they did not understand.  Is there any way to still be able to get this or am I now out of luck?

I recommend that you write up and account of what you did and include ship voyage, date, etc, and send to Customer Relations at PCL HQ and see if they can do something. 

When you say "applied", did you use the new function in the Princess App or did you do it the "old" way by filling out the paper form and dropping into Future Cruise mailbox on the ship?

CustomerRelations@PrincessCruises.com

1 minute ago, deja moo said:

I was on the Ruby Princess in March and I was able to buy a $100 refundable fcd with $60 obc a week after I got of the ship. I got this through my Princess vacation planner.

I don't understand how you did this?  How did you get $60 obc a week after getting off the ship?

13 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I recommend that you write up and account of what you did and include ship voyage, date, etc, and send to Customer Relations at PCL HQ and see if they can do something. 

When you say "applied", did you use the new function in the Princess App or did you do it the "old" way by filling out the paper form and dropping into Future Cruise mailbox on the ship?

CustomerRelations@PrincessCruises.com

I did it on the ship filling out the paper

7 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I don't understand how you did this?  How did you get $60 OBC a week after getting off the ship?

I think they mean the FCD generates $60 OBC, but that doesn't seem right as none of the OBC rebates is $60.

Sorry for any confusion.

The cruise I was on they were offering $60 future obc when purchasing a $100 refundable future cruise deposit. I called my CVP a week after my cruise and was still able to purchase the $100 FCD. I have since booked a future cruise and the $60 shows up in my account as OBC for that cruise. Maybe they have different specials for different sailings?

• Thanks 1

$60 is such an unusual number.  Was this for per person?  May I ask about the cruise (number of days and cabin category)? This is an outdated (only good for one year now) scale I have saved.

Glad you wee able to get this offer.  Sweet.

FCDOBC.thumb.png.3555e80b052a6029519c4a4d2c337a81.png

• Like 1

This might be just for the UK passengers, but the OBC offered from a Future Cruise Deposit is different (lower) if you take the offer after returning home rather than when onboard. 

I had a similar situation to the OP - I tried to book 2xFCD through the app onboard Sky towards the end of our cruise last summer, but it wasn't processed. I followed up with shoreside after returning home and whilst they could process my FCDs, they couldn't/wouldn't apply the same level of benefit as booking these onboard. So I got $60x2 OBC for a balcony cabin instead of the $100x2 OBC that would have been given... So now we apply for FCDs as soon as we board and check that they have been processed.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

$60 is such an unusual number.  Was this for per person?  May I ask about the cruise (number of days and cabin category)? This is an outdated (only good for one year now) scale I have saved.

FCDOBC.thumb.png.3555e80b052a6029519c4a4d2c337a81.png

I think the above is still valid for purchasing FCD while onboard, the $60 (for me at least) was for a 14 night cruise in a balcony cabin after following up an FCD after returning home

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CaptainPedantic said:

I think the above is still valid for purchasing FCD while onboard, the $60 (for me at least) was for a 14 night cruise in a balcony cabin after following up an FCD after returning home

The norm in the UK is 60 BP if the fcd is purchased in BP. The US equivalent would be $100 obc if purchased in usd.  The normal amount for a 14 day balcony cabin.

23 minutes ago, ldtr said:

The norm in the UK is 60 BP if the fcd is purchased in BP. The US equivalent would be $100 obc if purchased in usd.  The normal amount for a 14 day balcony cabin.

It has never been like that for me - I've always purchased FCD while onboard at £75pp and always got the rates in USD shown in the image above (i.e. $100 obc for 14 day balcony cabin). But after my attempt to purchase FCD on Sky Princess last summer failed, I followed up after returning home and only got the "back home" rate of $60 obc - still paying £75 FCD. My latest FCD purchased onboard is back up to $100 obc.

On 7/13/2023 at 12:13 PM, C & C Love to Cruise said:

I called Princess and the person did not understand what I was asking.  Finally she gave up and I was directed to a customer relations person.  After explaining the situation she said there isn't anything they can do once you are off the ship. Thank you all for you feed back.  

Hi @C & C Love to Cruise, do you happen to know anyone that will be on a Princess cruise? Passengers are allowed to purchase FCD’s for passengers NOT on board provided the person they are buying the FCD has a Princess Captain circle number.

The passenger on board will have to pay for the deposit, so I do this only for trusted friends I have either been pre paid, or I know will reimburse me. This will also work for ‘referrals’ who have never sailed with Princess. Once the referral person receives their  Captain Circle number, an on board passenger can buy a FCD in that person’s name for them to use in the future. FCD’s now expire after 1 year, but can usually be extended if you notify Princess before expiration date.

Note, if the FCD expires, funds will go back to the original payment, which will be the person who bought the FCD, not necessarily the name associated with the FCD.

14 hours ago, CaptainPedantic said:

11 hours ago, CaptainPedantic said:

It has never been like that for me - I've always purchased FCD while onboard at £75pp and always got the rates in USD shown in the image above (i.e. $100 obc for 14 day balcony cabin). But after my attempt to purchase FCD on Sky Princess last summer failed, I followed up after returning home and only got the "back home" rate of $60 obc - still paying £75 FCD. My latest FCD purchased onboard is back up to $100 obc.

It is entirely possible that PCL is not giving as much OBC to any guest who delays purchasing FCD until post-cruise.  Even so, there will be a deadline for that decision or lost opportunity.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2023 at 12:28 AM, Steelers36 said:

It is entirely possible that PCL is not giving as much OBC to any guest who delays purchasing FCD until post-cruise.  Even so, there will be a deadline for that decision or lost opportunity.

Exactly this. If you wait to get home, there is a different offer with a lower OBC amount. My circumstance related to a failed attempt to purchase FCD onboard and because I left it late in the cruise, I didn't get the chance to follow up before disembarking - and as a result, PCL weren't willing/able to honour the enhanced rate for purchasing FCD onboard. Lesson learned - I now book FCDs as soon as I'm onboard!

• Like 1