Covid?

RBCal

I'm fully vaccinated but know several people who were too and they still caught Covid.  I think that cruises no longer require proof of vaccination or negative Covid tests now.  Is Covid still an issue?  Norovirus seems to always pop up on cruises does Covid also?  Do people have to be quarantined in their cabins if they have Covid or Noro?  For immuno-compromised or elderly people these are more serious issues than for healthier younger people.

j

• Like 1

I think the answer to your question is yes, COVID is still a concern just like flu, URIs, etc.  If you get a communicable disease on a ship, be it COVID or Noro, you would normally be confined to your cabin until the medical staff determine you are no longer a risk to others.  Some ship's might possibly move a person to a different cabin (for isolation purposes) but it is also common to simply leave them in their own cabin with various restrictions.

Hank

If you browse the cruise line forums here on a regular basis, you will find accounts on every one of someone who either came down with it on the ship, or tested positive when they got home.  EM

• Like 1