where to get gas at JFK

Hlitner

The Atlantic Ave exit is under some construction but they advise you to get off Hillside Avenue, the exit before which is the service road. Then you can reenter the van wyck expessway to JFK after Atlantic Avenue. 

However, as a 67 year old life long resident who has worked at the JFK Cargo Airlines industry since I was 17, I am truly familiar with Federal Circle. We  just returned a car to Budget, but personally I would never pay those exorbitant gas fees. 

1 hour ago, oceans.calling said:

The Atlantic Ave exit is under some construction but they advise you to get off Hillside Avenue, the exit before which is the service road. Then you can reenter the van wyck expessway to JFK after Atlantic Avenue. 

However, as a 67 year old life long resident who has worked at the JFK Cargo Airlines industry since I was 17, I am truly familiar with Federal Circle. We  just returned a car to Budget, but personally I would never pay those exorbitant gas fees. 

LOL.  I have no idea what Hertz is charging but would think it is at least $10 a gallon!

Speaking of exorbitant prices, I know there is a service station on the highway that last time I was by there (a few months ago) it was a dollar more a gallon than the places on the local surface roads. 

On 7/19/2023 at 10:42 PM, Hlitner said:

LOL.  I have no idea what Hertz is charging but would think it is at least $10 a gallon!

Even if it were $10 per gallon, stop and think about it.  You are unlikely to be more than 5 to 7 miles from an easily accessible gas station - which means you are unlikely to be as much as 1/2 gallon down.  So, even if you pay $5 - just how little is your time worth?

(Forgetting the fair likelihood of their accepting the car back as “full”, I have always had to drive about a mile or so after filling up, and have never gotten nicked.)