Specialty restaurants sell out?

Hi.

We are on JOTS in February.

I bought the Key, which includes a discount on specialty restaurants, but only when you book them on the 1st day of the cruise.

The discount isn't the main reason I bought the key, but wondering if specialty restaurants tend to sell out before the cruise or whether I am safe waiting till I board to make my reservations? 

I want to do the Captain's Table, Chops and either Giovanni's or Izumi.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, scotlady said:

Hi.

I bought the Key, which includes a discount on specialty restaurants, but only when you book them on the 1st day of the cruise.

The discount isn't the main reason I bought the key, but wondering if specialty restaurants tend to sell out before the cruise or whether I am safe waiting till I board to make my reservations? 

Thanks!

Idk what discount you get onboard with the key but I bought 15% off for various places to eat and now those same places are 10% off and each is $5 more. The way they are raising prices I'm not sure you save by waiting until you board. Prices seem to just go up.

Also check black friday sales. 

My 28.99 izumi booking plus 18% was 34.99 with tip (15% off 34.99). Now its 34.99, 10% off 39.99 for instance. I didnt know when I booked the price was anything special. 

9 minutes ago, scotlady said:

Hi.

Thanks!

Prime times are often gone but if you are flexible there should be no problem getting what you want. Just as a side note, all those with a 3 or 5 night package, all who book the UDP, D+ members using the BOGO also need to make their reservations after they board.  Make it one of your first things to do. You can make all reservations at any specialty after boarding.

4 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Prime times are often gone but if you are flexible there should be no problem getting what you want. Just as a side note, all those with a 3 or 5 night package, all who book the UDP, D+ members using the BOGO also need to make their reservations after they board.  Make it one of your first things to do. You can make all reservations at any specialty after boarding.

Well, I guess one advantage of the key, then, would be that we can get onto the ship a little quicker to make our reservations (since we aren't high status and aren't in a suite)