Belfast - Giants Causeway Tour

We just came back from NCL British Isles cruise.  I was told we have to see the Giants Causeway.  I wasn't quick enough to pre book the excursion, sold out, and it left me fumbling what to do next. 

Luckily I found this tour through trip advisor and it was amazing.  I communicated with them before booking and they quickly responded.  I was a little nervous booking outside the cruise as another tour said they would not guarantee getting us back in time.  

This tour was amazing!  Guides were awesome!  They did a lot more than advertised.  Shoreline tour, scenic photo stops.  There was even enough time for a quick tour is Belfast and quick education about the conflicts.  The best part was it was 1/3 the price of the one through the cruise!

Screenshot_20230716-162910.png

• Like 1

I have found that self arranged tours, especially private or small group tours, are far superior to anything the cruise line will offer. You have to do your homework but fortunately it is pretty easy to find the better guides by searching the internet. You can see and learn so much more from private tours. We love the onboard ship experiences but we also equally value the excursions. If you have another couple or 2 to join you on a private excursion it makes it very economically competitive vs a mass ship tour. There are quality guide services that will guarantee to get you back to the ship on time or arrange to get you to the next port if that’s what it takes. Fortunately, I haven’t had to test that clause and I always get back to the ship at least 2 hours before it is scheduled to leave. Recently I have gone with a company called Tours by Locals. They offer tours in many ports. 

• 6 months later...