On Coco Cay - any idea what this will become?

14 hours ago, jk04 said:

I hear ya!  Don't remember which one of our cruises I was looking at, but for the Beach Cabana they were asking $3699 and OTW $4199 (?).  They have lost their ever-loving, collective minds.  Even if you had 8 people for the Beach Cabana, that is still over $450 per person.  That's the cost of a helicopter tour with a glacier walk in Alaska.  Yes, you have to be on an Alaskan cruise, but you get the point.

I am willing to pay a little for luxury, but I don't think you are even getting kissed when they bend you over with those rates.... 😲

I've only been to Coco Cay once on Freedom and I think we had to be back on the ship at 4. Are there any cruises where you at least get all day and don't board til like 8pm? Just seems like so much money and you don't even get a full day.

17 hours ago, Miloomar said:

pretty sure that when the ships are gone the employees who live there can use any beach they want

I had read that the employees were limited to their compound when the ships were gone. That sounded outrageous so I asked our OW Cabana attendant directly this past May.  He said that was not true. After clean up and all job tasks were finished they were free to hang on the beaches and use the amenities.  Interestingly enough, the following day was a rare day of no ships there.  He said everyone had the day off to enjoy the island.  He said he was going to be bored and was wondering what he would do for a whole day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, ATG said:

I’ve heard a rumor that the Beach Club will become the suite beach.  I can’t imagine RC giving up the income.  It’s over $200 per person for most of my future cruises.

At that price, I wonder how many chairs they actually sell.  I know about 50% of the day beds were empty, but -- admittedly -- that was in off-season.  

16 hours ago, notscb said:

They're really being strategic about this- they absolutely needed the adults only area on the island, plus now that Celebrity will be docking there (+$$ to RCL Group), the added space is also needed. 10/10 on RCL groups' part on this one.

Agree that the place is super popular now, and if they bring in more than two ships, they need the additional space. 

What I want to know is whether this adults-on Hideaway Beach will be a fee-based area.  

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

The area is supposed to be free, but of course they will be selling beds, cabanas, and other $$$ amenities.

So it'll be the same as Chill Island, South Beach and Breezy Bay.  Good.  That seems to be what most people want -- or, at least, what most people are willing to pay for.  

Thanks for the info.