On Coco Cay - any idea what this will become?

18 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The new adults only beach

Just now, Anton said:

Hideaway Beach is the official name. 

Thanks. That makes sense. Now if they could only figure out that they need a suites only beach like they have on Labadee…

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Anyone hear of any timeline on opening?  Looks like there's still a ways to go.

Liberty says by the end of 2023, but based on what I’m looking at right now, that would be s stretch.

I’ve heard a rumor that the Beach Club will become the suite beach.  I can’t imagine RC giving up the income.  It’s over $200 per person for most of my future cruises.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ATG said:

I’ve heard a rumor that the Beach Club will become the suite beach.  I can’t imagine RC giving up the income.  It’s over $200 per person for most of my future cruises.

If people are crazy enough to pay $200-$300 for the Beach Club, there's no reason at all to change that model

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

How nice. A beach for the employees who live on the island (200+ of them).

No,,, I guess that they would not spend money on the employees.

pretty sure that when the ships are gone the employees who live there can use any beach they want

• Like 2

6 hours ago, orville99 said:

Thanks. That makes sense. Now if they could only figure out that they need a suites only beach like they have on Labadee…

Actual they make more money, by not having a suites only beach. Anyone can go to barefoot beach, you just need to book a cabana. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

I wonder if it is going to be a "shore excursion" and as expensive as Coco Beach Club has gotten.

I hear ya!  Don't remember which one of our cruises I was looking at, but for the Beach Cabana they were asking $3699 and OTW $4199 (?).  They have lost their ever-loving, collective minds.  Even if you had 8 people for the Beach Cabana, that is still over $450 per person.  That's the cost of a helicopter tour with a glacier walk in Alaska.  Yes, you have to be on an Alaskan cruise, but you get the point.

I am willing to pay a little for luxury, but I don't think you are even getting kissed when they bend you over with those rates.... 😲

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

They're really being strategic about this- they absolutely needed the adults only area on the island, plus now that Celebrity will be docking there (+$$ to RCL Group), the added space is also needed. 10/10 on RCL groups' part on this one.

15 hours ago, jptoz said:

Actual they make more money, by not having a suites only beach. Anyone can go to barefoot beach, you just need to book a cabana. 

They are also selling those $4,000 cabanas at the Beach Club, so there really is little difference between the two business models.

15 hours ago, Miloomar said:
21 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

pretty sure that when the ships are gone the employees who live there can use any beach they want

Seems like a fair gig !

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The staff that live there have access to multiple gyms, use of the lagoon and water sports items, and the beaches. they have bon fires and dance parties at night. As far as a job with the cruise line goes, seems like this is a pretty sweet one to have.

• Like 2