Tell me about Sabatini’s

FTLCruiseGal

Not sure if this matters to you, but the Burrata Caprese is different. At Cucina Del Capital, it’s actually proper fresh burrata, whereas at Sabbatinis, it’s more of a fresh mozzarella. Some people might prefer the mozzarella, but they shouldn’t call it Burrata if it’s not real Burrata.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Micahs Grandad said:

We went on Sky Princess on march for first time.

Service was excellent, food was just ok. Neighborhood italian restaurants in NYC have better tasting Italian food.

I mean...yeah! Some of the best meals I've ever had are in NYC hole-in-the-walls.  Ironically that's kind of a high bar!

4 hours ago, PMGS247 said:

I mean...yeah! Some of the best meals I've ever had are in NYC hole-in-the-walls.  Ironically that's kind of a high bar!

Italian food taste better when Italians using old world recipes are doing the cooking. Chains not on the same level.

12 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

We’re also on sky princess again in September and have this time booked sabatinis for the first time and looking forward to it after many recommendations, we were on sky in June this year as well but we down the Crown grill and chef’s table which both were lovely, so we have booked sabatinis twice this September and I’ve heard you need a empty tummy 😋

Definitely need an empty tummy - we bailed out before dessert last time  (another reason to give it another go to see what we missed!)  We did all 3 speciality dining options last year (when it was Bistro sue la Mer, before Catch by Rudi) and have booked all 3 again (Sabatinis getting a second chance, Crown Grill worth a second visit and want to try Rudi’s for the first time). Will try for the Chef’s Table when we board and if we’re lucky and get a place something else may have to give! 

• Like 1

We have never had a good experience with Sabatini's and have tried it on different ships.  The last time was the worst.  It took forever for our food to arrive and then my order was totally wrong.  The waitress blamed it on me for changing my order which I had not done.  We eat late so there wasn't time for the correct order to be prepared and by then my husband would have finished his meal.  We didn't think the food was all that anyway.  The dining room was virtually empty the whole time we were there so no excuse for poor servicel