Need one spot on a booked cruise! Independence of the Seas (August 4, 2023)

5 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

Do you mean final payment?

There have been threads in the past where people missed the final payment and their room or room category was gone and Michael Bayley's office was able to help them.

Can't hurt to try. Explain the situation and see if there's anything they can do.

mbayley@rccl.com

They didn't even pay the deposit

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They didn't even pay the deposit

I know they said "deposit" in their original post. but being as it is now after final payment time, I was just wondering if they actually meant final payment and not deposit. I don't think they indicated when they booked, but it's probably safe to assume that there was likely quite a bit of time between when the deposit was due and 2 days ago, which would be a long time to go without realizing that you didn't have the 2nd room. Btw, aren't deposits due within like a day? I always pay mine at time of booking, so I don't really know how long you can get a hold or anything, my guess would be 24 hours. Anyway, final payment just seemed like a more realistic situation than deposit, so wanted to throw that out there just incase that's what they actually meant. I can totally understand using the wrong term in the emotional/stressed state the OP must be in when they posted. I agree, if it was actually the deposit, I would not try Bayley's office, that seems like a bit much to ask.

9 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

I know they said "deposit" in their original post. but being as it is now after final payment time, I was just wondering if they actually meant final payment and not deposit. I don't think they indicated when they booked, but it's probably safe to assume that there was likely quite a bit of time between when the deposit was due and 2 days ago, which would be a long time to go without realizing that you didn't have the 2nd room. Btw, aren't deposits due within like a day? I always pay mine at time of booking, so I don't really know how long you can get a hold or anything, my guess would be 24 hours. Anyway, final payment just seemed like a more realistic situation than deposit, so wanted to throw that out there just incase that's what they actually meant. I can totally understand using the wrong term in the emotional/stressed state the OP must be in when they posted. I agree, if it was actually the deposit, I would not try Bayley's office, that seems like a bit much to ask.

I read it as when they went to pay final payment they realized that they had not made the deposit and found out that their room had been cancelled.  

From the first post;

"which he didn't see and the deposit didn't get paid so our 2nd room got cancelled."

Edited by Ourusualbeach