Monument Hotel in Barcelona

Hi,

We will be in Barcelona 3 days prior to a cruise.  I got a great deal on the Monument Hotel using my Amex Platinum card.  The reservation includes breakfast.  

I have a few questions:

1).   Have you stayed at this hotel?  What’s your feedback on this hotel?

2).   Is this hotel in a central location for sight seeing?

3).   What restaurants would you recommend for dinner that are near by?  

Thank you for your feedback.  

I have never been to the hotel - but have stayed in various areas included a bit further out from the Monument.  I have always been happy.  Barcelona is a big but walkable city so the tourist sites are somewhat spread out.  The Monument is near to Casa Batllo which is a great attraction.  It is certainly walking distance to the Ramblas and to the Gothic area.  Barceloneta and Montjuic are walkable for me, but also accessible on public transport for most.  

If I were to say which my favourite hotel is from the location, it is Hotel Suizo. because it is central and there is a Metro station right outside.  It is only 3 star, I am fine with that when traveling.  We only use the room for washing and sleeping, we don’t even usually get breakfast in the hotel - prefer to go out for coffee and toast at different venues around.   We don’t make use of the facilities of a 5 star.   If I have a big budget I would rather spend that on a meal out or even an upgrade on the ship.  

The reviews of the hotel are mixed.  The ones I read seemed genuine.  I sometimes think that the higher the star ratings the more mixed the reviews because expectations are higher.  

I am not sure how helpful that is, but I cannot imagine you not being unhappy with your choice.    It depends on the deal that you got.  

• Like 1