Silver Nova Joins the Fleet

Hanoverian

On 7/22/2023 at 3:24 PM, Tudorcruisers said:

Maybe I should have written 1st September 2023 🤣.   

Thx! I totally didn’t think of that.  Duh!

On 7/22/2023 at 1:16 PM, WesW said:

Brian, can u send me (email below) the current Spirit Connoiseur list as I board in Venice (Fusina) in 18 days. 

The pics are fuzzy, so I’ll do my best to put the list together for you this week.  Stay tuned.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We sail the Nova next summer, June 20th Vancouver to Seward.  Our first post Covid cruise and we are more than ready for it.  If anyone has insights into the Rocky Mountaineer Train from Calgary to Vancouver, would love to hear from you.  We are in the early stages of looking at pre and post cruise adventures.  Also Share any must pack items unique to cruising to Alaska....our first trip there.

We did the Rocky Mountaineer some years ago from Calgary to Vancouver ahead of a Cruise and found the journey extremely interesting. The views from the Train are spectacular and the Service superb. We overnighted at Kamloops and whilst the Hotel was only of a medium standard, the Rooms and Restaurant were quite adequate for 1 Night. An early start the following morning ( Breakfast on the Train ) with a very interesting run into Vancouver.

I am sure you will have a wonderful Pre Cruise Adventure.

Our Alaska Cruise was early June and it was cold but very clear and sunny - Wonderful scenic views especially in Glacier Bay which was spectacular.

You will have a great time.

On 8/7/2023 at 6:13 PM, cece50 said:

We sail the Nova next summer, June 20th Vancouver to Seward.  Our first post Covid cruise and we are more than ready for it.  If anyone has insights into the Rocky Mountaineer Train from Calgary to Vancouver, would love to hear from you.  We are in the early stages of looking at pre and post cruise adventures.  Also Share any must pack items unique to cruising to Alaska....our first trip there.

We also greatly enjoyed the Rocky Mountaineer train--we went from Banff to Vancouver, with the overnight stop in Kamloops at a decent 3* hotel. The trip was extraordinarily scenic except for the last few hours into Vancouver.

From Lawrence now on board the Silver Nova; photos of their Silver Suite, pls see second under.  Lawrence tells me:  Ship is amazing.

Will likely book floating deposit.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPnCE8tli6eFKC2EiNpaje9UvrqbfCsMOkji9J5bSdzr9Js-uhjoQpFbEaLzIKWhw?key=dWJKOGxuTXR3eS0wajM0T3JaVnA4M09xS1VUNm93

Edited by WesW
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 7/21/2023 at 4:18 PM, Lois R said:

I sail her Nov 7th🙂 looking forward to hearing all about her from folks going before me.

We'll miss you by about a month, Lois.  Shoot!

We hope all is well with you!

Lawrence is a friend of ours.  We met on the Silversea board here back about ten years ago and enjoyed a fantastic July 2013 London to London voyage on the Silver Cloud (was a classic ship).

He was very fortunate to get invited to enjoy the Shakedown cruise on the Silver Nova.  Am hopeful he will be sending me more photos while on board the Silver Nova.

2 hours ago, DCPIV said:

We'll miss you by about a month, Lois.  Shoot!

We hope all is well with you!

Doing pretty well, thanks and hope you are both good too🙂

• Like 1