CURACAO best Snorkel and beach?

Gabcruiser

My Husband and I  will be in Curacao for one day on a cruise. We love to snorkel and a beautiful beach.  We are looking for a beach to rent beach chairs/umbrella a place for food and a drink.  We will probably take a taxi.  Some of the places we were looking at are Playa Porto Mari, Playa Lagun and maybe the resort Chogogo with a day pass.

We would welcome any suggestions on what you recommend!  thank  you!

Edited by Gabcruiser

On 7/20/2023 at 3:19 PM, Gabcruiser said:

My Husband and I  will be in Curacao for one day on a cruise. We love to snorkel and a beautiful beach.  We are looking for a beach to rent beach chairs/umbrella a place for food and a drink.  We will probably take a taxi.  Some of the places we were looking at are Playa Porto Mari, Playa Lagun and maybe the resort Chogogo with a day pass.

We would welcome any suggestions on what you recommend!  thank  you!

I would take Chogogo off the list.

If you are looking for a resort with decent snorkeling,  check out a day pass at Avila or the Marriott. 

Taxis to the beaches such as Lagun and Porto Mari are expensive here. 

• 7 months later...
On 7/22/2023 at 12:39 PM, bup1224 said:

I would take Chogogo off the list.

If you are looking for a resort with decent snorkeling,  check out a day pass at Avila or the Marriott. 

Taxis to the beaches such as Lagun and Porto Mari are expensive here. 

i thought Chogogo was on Bonaire

• Like 1

@grimpil not sure why you pulled up this thread after 7 months, but yes both Bonaire and Curaçao have a resort named Chogogo. Which really isn’t that strange considering that “chogogo” is the word for flamingo in the local language on both islands. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I've posted on the main page as well, but when searching found this thread so thought I might just see if @bup1224 or @Dutch_Travelgirl had any thoughts...

We'd love to go to Playa PortoMari and were thinking through a boat vs a taxi to get there? We found Water Taxi Curaco that is saying $50 each way but it's unclear if they make other stops--plus not sure how choppy the ride can be--read about Klein Curaco being very rough going but we are usually not affected by motion sickness.

But Ive only read about people getting there by taxi so not sure if a boat is even really feasible or "better" (thought maybe we could get to see more of the island?). It sounds like taxis are outside cruise terminal and would be great if we could get a group one since we are only a party of 2.

Any thoughts would be appreciated--thank you!

15 minutes ago, brookmill18 said:

I've posted on the main page as well, but when searching found this thread so thought I might just see if @bup1224 or @Dutch_Travelgirl had any thoughts...

We'd love to go to Playa PortoMari and were thinking through a boat vs a taxi to get there? We found Water Taxi Curaco that is saying $50 each way but it's unclear if they make other stops--plus not sure how choppy the ride can be--read about Klein Curaco being very rough going but we are usually not affected by motion sickness.

But Ive only read about people getting there by taxi so not sure if a boat is even really feasible or "better" (thought maybe we could get to see more of the island?). It sounds like taxis are outside cruise terminal and would be great if we could get a group one since we are only a party of 2.

Any thoughts would be appreciated--thank you!

The "water taxi" is a newer thing here and I believe it says where they stop based on what you book.