Live - 13 Day Alaskan Land Tour & Southbound Millennium Starting July 22, 2023

garyl62

On 8/2/2023 at 9:14 PM, garyl62 said:

I'm sorry I didn't respond to this question earlier, but Captain Theocharis is in charge, Hotel Director is Andrea Muegge, she is all over the ship and very visible. Patrick is the cruise director and Celia Garland is naturalist currently on board. 

Andrea is fantastic.  She was the Hotel Director for our Alaskan cruise a year ago. I recall at least 4 conversations with her throughout the week--she was everywhere, and very approachable.

We made it home safe and sound.  Unfortunately I left my backpack in the back seat of the cab when we got out at Vancouver airport.  I had my camera in that bag with the SD card that contained all my wildlife photos. So unfortunately I will not be able to add any additional photos to this thread. At least I have the memories of those images in my mind and a few that I had taken with my cell phone.  Once again I hope you all enjoyed following along.

Edited by garyl62

Hi Gary,

We were in Vancouver for two nights before our Alaska cruise a few years ago. My husband left his backpack on a  public bus. When we contacted the transit office they told us that the buses change routes throughout the day and any items found left behind were turned into the office around 4AM. We called the next day and they had the backpack. When we picked it up, everything was still inside! We were so impressed.

Maybe there is a chance to contact the cab company and pay to have your backpack mailed back to you if they have it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shami said:

Maybe there is a chance to contact the cab company and pay to have your backpack mailed back to you if they have it.

I'm hopeful something like this will be possible. Unfortunately lost and found for the cab company is currently closed and won't reopen until Tuesday so I'll have a few days of waiting to see if it was turned in. Really hope it works out to get it back as there's a few items in there that are important to me, but not of value to someone else. It's really put a negative ending on the trip but there's nothing else I can do about it right now. 

Edited by garyl62
  • Like 1

Fingers crossed, for you, that you get the pack back with everything intact.   I've really enjoyed following your daily reviews, and now have added Alaska to my bucket list - as long as there's a pre-tour involved.  Being Canadian, you'd think it would have already been on my list LOL.  Hopefully, this blip in your trip will be resolved positively and you can share more of your fantastic pics!

Bernadette

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I live in Anchorage and am familiar with the vendor Celebrity uses for its land tours. It used to be that Princess really outshone them due to the quality of lodging. Your experience sounds like they’ve come a long way over the years with what they offer; that’s good to hear. The tour you chose covered so much good area, and the fact that your timing happened to be during the main salmon fishing season I’m sure enhanced the experience. Thank you for taking us along, and I’m glad you enjoyed this great state! I hope the taxi driver turned in your bag and that it will someday reach you!