Do you book Vibe when you are in the Haven?

Sigyn

On 7/22/2023 at 10:59 AM, graphicguy said:

If you want the "shot of the hour" club atmosphere, the Vibe is your ticket.  It's a rowdier space.  

Wow.  I don't think I've ever hard Vibe described as rowdy.  I know you explained yourself in a later post, and I get that the crowd around the bar might throw off an aura - but rowdy?  I suspect not the norm. 

On 7/25/2023 at 12:40 AM, BirdTravels said:

But, given that you have access to the "free" Haven sundeck, to the OP's question, the value of the Vibe as an escape from the steerage areas is diminished to the point of being a waste of money. 

OP wasn't looking for an escape from steerage, they were looking for an escape from kids.  Based on the number of posts complaining about Haven kids being where they shouldn't be (and the entitled parents that promote same), and based on my experience with access enforcement in Vibe, I'd argue that Vibe does indeed have value.  Especially when the incremental cost is compared to the overall cost for Haven.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

I'd argue that Vibe does indeed have value.  Especially when the incremental cost is compared to the overall cost for Haven.

Yeah, but it's $500 for both of us for the week. So, it's more than a drop in the bucket. Our Haven forward-facing cabin is $7,800 and I'm already going to have to pay $343 per adult to upgrade to the Free at Sea Plus and then buy three specialty meals for our teenager so he can eat with us at the specialty restaurants we received with the cruise and Free at Sea Plus. 

9 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Wow.  I don't think I've ever hard Vibe described as rowdy.  I know you explained yourself in a later post, and I get that the crowd around the bar might throw off an aura - but rowdy?  I suspect not the norm. 

OP wasn't looking for an escape from steerage, they were looking for an escape from kids.  Based on the number of posts complaining about Haven kids being where they shouldn't be (and the entitled parents that promote same), and based on my experience with access enforcement in Vibe, I'd argue that Vibe does indeed have value.  Especially when the incremental cost is compared to the overall cost for Haven.

You have already paid for the Haven. The OP asked if they need to buy a Vibe pass if they are in the Haven. 

Are there kids? "Yes"

Are there "problems with kids" that would lead me to drop another $500 to move literally 3" to the other side of a steel door between the Adults Only Haven Sundeck and the Vibe? "Absolutely Not" It is a waste of money.

I don't know about random posts, but we sail in the Haven at least once a year and don't have "problems" with kids in the Haven. 

Edited by BirdTravels

I would go on record, once again, and state we will not sail on a bigger ship and not get Vibe passes even if we are in the Haven.    Even if I am spending a ridiculous amount of money for the Haven, then I will just budget the additional Vibe cost.     For us, we greatly prefer the Vibe to the Haven sundeck for many reasons.   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You have already paid for the Haven. The OP asked if they need to buy a Vibe pass if they are in the Haven. 

Are there kids? "Yes"

Are there "problems with kids" that would lead me to drop another $500 to move literally 3" to the other side of a steel door between the Adults Only Haven Sundeck and the Vibe? "Absolutely Not" It is a waste of money.

I don't know about random posts, but we sail in the Haven at least once a year and don't have "problems" with kids in the Haven. 

And what does all that have to do with "steerage areas" which is what YOU wrote and I commented on?

We get it, Bird sees no value in Vibe.  You've made that very clear any time you can.  I disagree and our disagreement should be no problem.  That also shouldn't prevent me from commenting to keep the discussion on topic.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

I'm sure different cruises...different experiences.  I've sailed in the Haven 4 times.....2x on the Breakaway and 2x on the Getaway.  Pretty much the same ship and same Haven set up.  I think I counted 2 kids on each sailing in the Haven.  All polite...all respectful.  If adults got in the hot tubs or the pools, they either got out, or moved to the other side of us.

I have never seen kids on the top, overlooking the Haven Pools, where there are lots of loungers.

Again, not saying it's a frat party, but I've seen many adults in the Vibe behave like unruly kids.

If you want to spend money for the Vibe while staying in the Haven, I have no objection.  It's not my money.  But, I can't make the case that there's a rowdy (kids or no kids) element in the Haven.  Can't say I've been in every Haven on every ship, either.  So, who knows.

For a couple, $500+ is a chunk of change just to go behind a door that separates the Haven from the VIBE.  Then again, maybe I'm the only one who views $500 to be a steep price to pay for the VIBE if I'm already in the Haven.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

I'm sure different cruises...different experiences.  I've sailed in the Haven 4 times.....2x on the Breakaway and 2x on the Getaway.  Pretty much the same ship and same Haven set up.  I think I counted 2 kids on each sailing in the Haven.  All polite...all respectful.  If adults got in the hot tubs or the pools, they either got out, or moved to the other side of us.

I have never seen kids on the top, overlooking the Haven Pools, where there are lots of loungers.

Again, not saying it's a frat party, but I've seen many adults in the Vibe behave like unruly kids.

If you want to spend money for the Vibe while staying in the Haven, I have no objection.  It's not my money.  But, I can't make the case that there's a rowdy (kids or no kids) element in the Haven.  Can't say I've been in every Haven on every ship, either.  So, who knows.

For a couple, $500+ is a chunk of change just to go behind a door that separates the Haven from the VIBE.  Then again, maybe I'm the only one who views $500 to be a steep price to pay for the VIBE if I'm already in the Haven.

I get it.  Vibe is not for you, @graphicguy.  It's not for the Birds either.  But it most definitely is for me, and for @vacation44 per their post above.  Some love it, some don't, most are probably ambivilent.  To each his own, it's all good.  

• Like 1