Pacific explorer 4 berth to queen.

I have a balcony on Pacific explorer, some deck plans show my cabin 4 berth others not. cabin 11175.

Question: if these 2-4 berth have the lift up bunks can you get your steward to store cases? The extra side cupboards for these type 4 berth look too small for our luggage cases.

Cheers

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Most luggage should fit under the bed(s).

I am pretty sure the Pacific Explorer Balcony 4 berths have no space under the bed because the top bunk lifts up from the bottom bunk, sort of like the bottom bunk is a bed base when used as singles or a queen and the top bunk is lowered onto the bottom bunk?

39 minutes ago, fishtaco said:

I am pretty sure the Pacific Explorer Balcony 4 berths have no space under the bed because the top bunk lifts up from the bottom bunk, sort of like the bottom bunk is a bed base when used as singles or a queen and the top bunk is lowered onto the bottom bunk?

The Pacific Explorer is the old Dawn Princes, I have travelled on her several times, the configuration's I believe are 2 single beds combinable as a queen, or 2 singles/double with a drop down single, or as 2 singles with 2 drop down singles.

Or at least they were in the rooms I travelled in.

Note not all cabins were configured for 4 bed configurations, and some were only 2 single/doubles.

Always had space under the beds for the cabins we stayed in.

Hope that helps

John

Edited by Ozwoody

There are two types of 4 berth cabin. Those that were configured that way when Dawn Princess was built, and those that were retrofitted from existing twin cabins by P&O.

For balconies, there was originally only 8 four berths configured on Dawn Princess, 4 each on A & B decks (11 & 10). For your deck, these cabins are 11222, 11224, 11237 & 11239. These are more traditional pullman beds that retract into the ceiling.

All others were added in the configuration like the above video, and I am pretty sure your cabin has that arrangement. If there are only two of you in the cabin, it could be worth trying to get a swap to a similarly located twin cabin.

If you are stuck for luggage space, there is plenty of room on the balcony ... or your steward can stow them for you.

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

There are two types of 4 berth cabin. Those that were configured that way when Dawn Princess was built, and those that were retrofitted from existing twin cabins by P&O.

For balconies, there was originally only 8 four berths configured on Dawn Princess, 4 each on A & B decks (11 & 10). For your deck, these cabins are 11222, 11224, 11237 & 11239. These are more traditional pullman beds that retract into the ceiling.

All others were added in the configuration like the above video, and I am pretty sure your cabin has that arrangement. If there are only two of you in the cabin, it could be worth trying to get a swap to a similarly located twin cabin.

If you are stuck for luggage space, there is plenty of room on the balcony ... or your steward can stow them for you.

Cant change as there are none left! only choice was this cabin, one outside the laundry or one with adjoining doors! 

I dont think they look any different to the 2 berth when collapsed but little space under the bed

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fishtaco said:

Cant change as there are none left! only choice was this cabin, one outside the laundry or one with adjoining doors! 

I dont think they look any different to the 2 berth when collapsed but little space under the bed

I've been in a balcony cabin with those pop-up bunks (albeit on Encounter, but they look to be the same beds). My cabin was a triple, incorporating one set of the bunks and a single bed, which was the "collapsed" bunk. The single bed sat much higher than the lower bed on the bunks, basically a mattress higher, so I don't think the lower bunks goes down, the upper mattress just sits above it. 

6 hours ago, mum and son said:

I've been in a balcony cabin with those pop-up bunks (albeit on Encounter, but they look to be the same beds). My cabin was a triple, incorporating one set of the bunks and a single bed, which was the "collapsed" bunk. The single bed sat much higher than the lower bed on the bunks, basically a mattress higher, so I don't think the lower bunks goes down, the upper mattress just sits above it. 

Yes this is what I thought! And I am assuming there is no space under the bed for luggage so I will just tip Steward to store it! Thanks  🙂