QE2 Hotel Dubai to Rashid Cruise Terminal and public transport access?

goaussiegal

Hi,

We will be in Dubai in April 2024 and love the idea on staying on the QE2 (we stayed on the Queen Mary at Long Beach years ago).  

I am struggling with google maps - how far and hard is the walk to the Port Rashid Cruise Terminal?

Also how far and hard is the walk to any public transport?  We want to see the Burj Khalifa and would prefer not doing a tour or a taxi.

Thanks!

Haven't used Port Rashid in a while (last cruises were from Marina) but don't recall much in the line of public transit nearby. I don't think QE2 is too far from the cruise terminal.

Edited by Dancer Bob

On 7/22/2023 at 9:05 PM, goaussiegal said:

Hi,

We will be in Dubai in April 2024 and love the idea on staying on the QE2 (we stayed on the Queen Mary at Long Beach years ago).  

I am struggling with google maps - how far and hard is the walk to the Port Rashid Cruise Terminal?

Also how far and hard is the walk to any public transport?  We want to see the Burj Khalifa and would prefer not doing a tour or a taxi.

Thanks!

do the hop on hop off bus.  I know it has a stop at ( or very close) to the Burj, i think it even has a stop at/near the cruise terminal. 

12 hours ago, 9tee2Sea said:

do the hop on hop off bus.  I know it has a stop at ( or very close) to the Burj, i think it even has a stop at/near the cruise terminal. 

Ooh - good idea! I'll look up the maps. Ta!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

We were on MSC Virtuosa yesterday and stayed on the QE2 last night. Today we’ve just joined the MSC Opera believe me, I’m an expert at getting to and fro!!  We tried walking it and it is doable because you can see the ship from the port, but there are serious roadworks between the two and it involves going through them. If you’ve got luggage it’s impossible. There is no public transport linking the two. We got an Uber. Cost 24 AED and was worth every penny. Hope that helps. 

This one is easy - don’t even think about it. While I’m sure it’s technically possible, the April heat, lack of shade and port isolation make it a no go. Note that cabs in Dubai are relatively cheap (as long as you make sure the meter is running) and hoho busses are expensive.