Disembarking

Los_Pepes

We are scheduled to be on a cruise that pulls into Lisbon on the second to last day, overnights in Lisbon and then disembarks. We are considering taking a very early flight (6:30 am) and I was wondering if anyone knew if we could exit the ship whenever we like since it had already been there for 24 hours. Any insights?

I don't think you could make a 6:30 flight, unless you got off the ship on the arrival night and stayed at a hotel. In my similar (arrival the night before) experience from March, as we left we were held at the gangway until customs cleared, and luggage unloading transportation finished (for safety reasons I assume). I easily made a 10:30 AM flight. If you must take the 6:30 AM flight it may be possible to leave the ship a day early, as I suggested, with preplanned permissions. 

• Like 2

We had exactly this situation in Lisbon and although we weren't actually disembarking early (only taking our luggage to an apartment in Alfama) they required us to notify Guest Services of our intentions, and even after doing that stopped us at the gangway with our luggage and had to get notification from GS before they would let us go.

Let Azamara know in advance and while you are on the ship.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ECCruise said:

We had exactly this situation in Lisbon and although we weren't actually disembarking early (only taking our luggage to an apartment in Alfama) they required us to notify Guest Services of our intentions, and even after doing that stopped us at the gangway with our luggage and had to get notification from GS before they would let us go.

Let Azamara know in advance and while you are on the ship.

Perfect. Thanks!