COOLERS

miked0035

The website says only small coolers for medical use are allowed. Ive sailed only on RCCL recently and always bring a soft cooler to keep our wine and non alcoholic beverages in our stateroom cold, and have the attendant fill with ice daily. If coolers are Not permitted how do you keep these things cold? Do the in room refrigerators work well enough to do this? They sure Do Not on RCCL. I haven't sailed Dis since 2016 and can't remember what we did. Thanks

7 hours ago, miked0035 said:

The website says only small coolers for medical use are allowed. Ive sailed only on RCCL recently and always bring a soft cooler to keep our wine and non alcoholic beverages in our stateroom cold, and have the attendant fill with ice daily. If coolers are Not permitted how do you keep these things cold? Do the in room refrigerators work well enough to do this? They sure Do Not on RCCL. I haven't sailed Dis since 2016 and can't remember what we did. Thanks

I've always had good "coolers"/"refrigerators"on DCL ships.  Once it even froze the soda I put in there.

You can ask your room host to provide ice a couple of times a day, if you find you need it to be colder, then place the ice in the cooler.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had a small, soft-side cooler packed in my bag but did not need it. The small refrigerator in our room kept things perfectly cold - white wine was put in at room temperature and was quite cold when I went to drink it the next day. I did purchase the DCL cooler on Castaway with waters in it but never needed to use it after that. 

We don't worry about non-alcoholic drinks on DCL. The free drinks available pool-side and in the buffet area are fantastic and they have tons of options from Coke to Diet Coke to ginger ale to Powerade to lemonade...and everything in between.