First New England Voyage of 2023 Observations/Caribbean Princess

cr8tiv1

By the way, the lady I overheard at embarkation lunch (neighbor down the passage way), finally received her delayed luggage from SEA in Boston.  It didn't make the ship in FLL, Norfolk, New York, and we skipped Newport.  

On 8/10/2023 at 4:29 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

One more thought (with, I'm sure, many more will follow).

Suites and Elites have free laundry.  I found it surprising that there was no debit/credit entries on my folio for the 4 times I sent out laundry.  That was a welcome surprise.  Such a redundant accounting.  

This is still happening on the Enchanted.  Seems like it depends on the bookkeeper.

On 8/9/2023 at 4:47 AM, Jadn13 said:

Just following up with some information about the Halifax tour for those who may want to book it. 👍🏻

The first part of your tour will be in the downtown area where he will  fill you in on a bit of history

The tour is structured that it’s just not a drive from place to place, you are learning and seeing as you drive throughout the day. 

-Your first stop will be the Public Gardens, which are lovely. I grabbed a coffee, used the restroom and wandered around-30 Mins
-We then went to the cannon and changing of the guard at the Citadel (You just visit the outside and watch the cannon and guard change)
-We visited 2 of the Titanic Cemeteries 
-Lunch @ Evans
-We then visited a harbour area for about 30 mins with a local shopping area and pier (I walked the pier and along the water's edge, I'm not much of a shopper but got some good photos)
-Fortneedham Memorial Park- I knew nothing about the Halifax explosion and I would say, at least to me it was the most fascinating part of the day. You learn so much about it as you travel around Halifax that it's most fitting that it's the last stop before returning to the ship.
You will learn some Titanic information as well but the Explosion information was far more interesting to me as it was something I have never heard about. 

It was definitely a well rounded day and I felt like I learned so much in just a short time. 
Paul also has a large tablet mounted in the van that he will show images along with youtube videos to supplement what he is talking about
and what you are seeing.

Thank you @Jadn13 for recommending this tour.  I contacted Paul and he says it is quite doable in our shortened port call coming up.  Any more information and comments would be appreciated.  

• 3 months later...

Covid Reimbursement Update December 8, 2023:

Medical Center visit for Covid - July 30, 2023 (covid probably caught in Norfolk, VA)

Isolation - 2 nights

End of cruise - August 3

Used non-refundable OBC as my "Get Out Of Jail" pass

Filed claim with Medicare/AON - August 8

Medicare returned claim 60 days later...needed itinerary - re-submitted November

Medicare finally denied (I knew it would be...duh) December and submitted to secondary insurance

Within 10 days - full reimbursement for Medical Center Visit

AON reimbursed isolation credit - October 4 direct deposit

Waiting on AON to see if they will pick up Requires Medical History cost -$28

AON has been most patient as they waited for Medicare to get their act together.  Processed what they could work on.  Have been responsive to my emails and uploads.  ️/5

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Covid Reimbursement Update December 8, 2023:

Medical Center visit for Covid - July 30, 2023 (covid probably caught in Norfolk, VA)

Isolation - 2 nights

End of cruise - August 3

Used non-refundable OBC as my "Get Out Of Jail" pass

Filed claim with Medicare/AON - August 8

Medicare returned claim 60 days later...needed itinerary - re-submitted November

Medicare finally denied (I knew it would be...duh) December and submitted to secondary insurance

Within 10 days - full reimbursement for Medical Center Visit

AON reimbursed isolation credit - October 4 direct deposit

Waiting on AON to see if they will pick up Requires Medical History cost -$28

AON has been most patient as they waited for Medicare to get their act together.  Processed what they could work on.  Have been responsive to my emails and uploads.  ️/5

Each time I have had Covid on a cruise, twice , I have always gotten medical charges reimbursed by my KaiserMedicare  Advantage plan. Quarantine reimbursement done via my CVP

Medicare was the hold up. even though I knew it would be denied.  AON knew it and secondary insurance knew it, but i needed a formal EOB denial.  I wasn't sure second would pay if Medicare denied.  Good to know I am covered outside of the US.

• Thanks 1

Last update:

My AON claim is closing out.  It’s unbelievable how fast my claims were processed once denied by Medicare.  Just received reimbursement from secondary insurance and a notice from AON that I will be receiving the $28 paid to the medical center for my Medical History.  

I will get all that I spent returned.  As I mentioned in a previous post, onboard account was cleared with non-refundable OBC.  I am pleasantly pleased that I will get back my $28 non-medical expense.  Money in my pocket.  

I do question why I would need to purchase PVP if my secondary insurance will cover me outside the United States.  But not willing to tempt chance.  PVP covers more than just medical.  

I highly recommend some kind of travel insurance.  The one time I didn’t (early cruising days), I needed it.  I have since purchased it and have had to cash in my chips for a variety of different reasons.