Avis car rental downtown Miami: is that bad?

tc-cruise

I found both yelp and google review are horrible for this place 99 SE 2nd St, Miami, FL 33131. Everyone says it's a small shop always overwhelmed by cruise passengers. Customers have to wait for hours, everyday. 

However I found zero complaint on this board and TripAdvisor. 

Are you picking up or dropping off there?

Post cruise they are often overwhelmed by cruise passengers, and I have seen delays reported on this board.  Dropping off and heading to POM - you should have no issues.

I have passed by it on a Saturday and Sunday, looks horrible. Much better off just taking an Uber to the airport to get a rental car there. 

Dropping off may be easier. But yes I have never heard good things. It is very small place. 

The downtown Miami location is always packed on cruise turnaround days. The facility is just too small for the amount of business they do there. So much easier to use the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center located across from Miami International Airport. The twenty four hour seven day a week location has plenty of employees, plenty of rental vehicles and plenty of space.