Fits and Starts in Celebrity Move Up

chuckroast1

So yesterday I get an e-mail from Celebrity that our move up bid was accepted (yay!) and about the same time I get a text from AMEX that Celebrity had charged my card for the amount of our bid (double yay!). We look on the app and sure enough our cabin assignment was updated to the class we bid on.

This morning however, the app shows us back in our original cabin but the charge is still there (boo!). 

I'm telling my wife that nothing's final until we show up at the pier but the fact the charge is still there (and we got a congratulations e-mail) makes me reasonably comfortable that we'll get something. 

What do y'all think?

I think you may want to call X to confirm what you are seeing in the app vs email received.

That would have been the first place to start the process vs posting here and asking as we would have no idea, yet there may be someone who has had a similar experience...

Let us know what happens.

bon voyage

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chuckroast1 said:

So yesterday I get an e-mail from Celebrity that our move up bid was accepted (yay!) and about the same time I get a text from AMEX that Celebrity had charged my card for the amount of our bid (double yay!). We look on the app and sure enough our cabin assignment was updated to the class we bid on.

This morning however, the app shows us back in our original cabin but the charge is still there (boo!). 

I'm telling my wife that nothing's final until we show up at the pier but the fact the charge is still there (and we got a congratulations e-mail) makes me reasonably comfortable that we'll get something. 

What do y'all think?

I won a Move Up on a Transatlantic last October and was not notified or charged until about 18 hours prior to boarding the ship. I checked the app and saw my new cabin and confirmed this same information on my Xpress pass. The next day, when we showed up, I needed the porters to tag my bag since I did not have new luggage tags and they confirmed my new cabin number with no issues. When we went inside to check in at the desk, my OLD cabin appeared on my Xpress pass (I had screenshot the new pass so I had it to show). The only way they could check us in was to use the old cabin number so we went with it and boarded the ship. Like everyone else, we went to our "new" cabin to get keys and NOTHING. I then went to my old cabin and NOTHING. It took Customer service over 2 hours to figure out the issue (they kept trying to give us keys to the old cabin) before finally giving us keys to our new cabin. Total cluster&^%K but the situation was eventually resolved. 

• Haha 1