Cielo MDR

Tiggipaws

Good morning

I am sailing on the Sky Princess in a few months. I have never sailed with Princess so I have been watching every possible video on Youtube of the Sky Princess. I would say that all the people taking the videos dine in Cielo MDR. Is there a reason for this?

Thank you

35 minutes ago, Tiggipaws said:

Good morning

I am sailing on the Sky Princess in a few months. I have never sailed with Princess so I have been watching every possible video on Youtube of the Sky Princess. I would say that all the people taking the videos dine in Cielo MDR. Is there a reason for this?

Thank you

Haha.  Well, for one thing, the captain's table dining takes place there, but it's only a small part of the room....

Nothing special, except a larger size. All 3 MDR's have the same menu prepared in the same galley. Cielo does have the Chef's Table special dining table. The other two have the Wine Cellar special dining table. Estrella also has the section for reserve class dining.

Post #2 should say Chef's Table. There is no Captain's table like shown in the Love Boat TV show.

Cielo is the dining room on Deck 6 aft.  The only way to access this dining room is to take the aft elevators or by going to Deck 7 aft and taking the stairs by the Vista Lounge.  Many people on ship don't know how get to this dining room or know that this dining room even exists.  For this reason, there aren't as many passengers using this dining room allowing for shorter wait times, and it is easier to get a private table for those without reservations.