Norwegian Joy vs Epic

Hi all, this may have been asked before but I could not find the answer, so figured I would just ask. We are a group trying to decide on a cruise for Spring Break (March 16/17-23/24). We have narrowed it down to either Norwegian Joy out of Miami or Norwegian Epic out of Port Canaveral. Both have their pros and cons with the itinerary and dates, but they are honestly very close in price and itinerary. I really am just trying to decide which ship to choose. We have a group with 6 adults, 4 teenagers (ages 13-15) and 2 younger children age 8. Trying to find out which ship would meet our needs the best--entertaning the younger ones mostly. If anyone has any advice we would love it. Thank you in advance for your help!! 

When making the decision consider that the Joy will no longer have laser tag or the Galaxy Pavilion by the time you cruise.  There are at least two threads here discussing the changes in an upcoming drydock.

As for other factors - the Epic has a unique cabin layout (for balcony and insides at least) where there's no isolated bathroom area (unless you consider a curtain a sufficient form of isolation), the shower stall opens directly into the cabin, the 'water closet' is just a tiny room with just that item in it and the sink is in the main cabin area.  The Joy has a more traditional cabin design.  As you're traveling with teens, this may be a factor.

• Like 2

Thank you, yes we had looked at the changes on the Joy. I didn't really understand the bathroom situation but we decided to get 2 rooms--one club balcony and one inside across the hall. We figured that would be what would work best for our family since we have 2 teenage girls. Appreciate your feedback!

1 hour ago, HollyCruising said:

Hi all, this may have been asked before but I could not find the answer, so figured I would just ask. We are a group trying to decide on a cruise for Spring Break (March 16/17-23/24). We have narrowed it down to either Norwegian Joy out of Miami or Norwegian Epic out of Port Canaveral. Both have their pros and cons with the itinerary and dates, but they are honestly very close in price and itinerary. I really am just trying to decide which ship to choose. We have a group with 6 adults, 4 teenagers (ages 13-15) and 2 younger children age 8. Trying to find out which ship would meet our needs the best--entertaining the younger ones mostly. If anyone has any advice we would love it. Thank you in advance for your help!! 

If it were just the ship, I would pick the Joy. It is slightly more modern with better children entertainment (water park, etc.)

We have sailed on the Joy once and the Epic eight times and would sail on the Epic again in a heartbeat. 

I would only move toward the Epic if you plan to do a day or two at Disney before or after your cruise. And I assume that you're driving, so Port Canaveral would save you a few miles. 

• Like 2