Any recent Ovation cruisers? Solarium Bistro and Fish & Chips questions

Here's a shocker, Royal's website and app are giving me conflicting information.  😉

For the past several weeks, the app hasn't listed the Solarium Bistro in the dining section (I checked all three--"Hungry Now," "Restaurants," and "Coffee & Snacks." Even "Bars & Lounges" for good measure 😄). However, I can still make dinner reservations from the website. I know Solarium Bistros are sometimes taken out of service, so it could be that, or it could be just an IT glitch. 

Similar issue with Fish & Chips: the website and the app show two completely different menus. On the app, some items have an upcharge and some do not, but on the website, everything does. 

Ideally, we'd like to know before we arrive what our dining options actually look like. Can anyone share your experience?  

15 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Here's a shocker, Royal's website and app are giving me conflicting information.  😉

For the past several weeks, the app hasn't listed the Solarium Bistro in the dining section (I checked all three--"Hungry Now," "Restaurants," and "Coffee & Snacks." Even "Bars & Lounges" for good measure 😄). However, I can still make dinner reservations from the website. I know Solarium Bistros are sometimes taken out of service, so it could be that, or it could be just an IT glitch. 

Similar issue with Fish & Chips: the website and the app show two completely different menus. On the app, some items have an upcharge and some do not, but on the website, everything does. 

Ideally, we'd like to know before we arrive what our dining options actually look like. Can anyone share your experience?  

We cruised last May from Hawaii and the year before in Alaska.  I remember I was surprised that they were not not charging for everything this year.  We had the regular fish and chips with no charge.  

I remember going to the Solarium for lunch.  I am not seeing it on the app for the current cruise. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

The app is correct. Only a couple items have an upcharge now.

Sadly, during our 11 nights on Indy between last July and October, every item had an upcharge. My only complaint about Indy at the time was wishing there was one more included venue besides the standard ones... apparently I wasn't the only one and even RC agreed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

The app is incorrect for your sailing until you board the ship and connect to ships wifi.

To see what the hours actually are change the date of the sailing to the current sailing.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The app is incorrect for your sailing until you board the ship and connect to ships wifi.

To see what the hours actually are change the date of the sailing to the current sailing.

I've actually been doing that (current sailing) for the past few weeks, switching to the new one every turnaround day. That's what made me worry that it might truly be out of service.  😕 

I'm hoping it's just a question of not being on the ship's wi-fi, as you said.

Edited by la_croisiere_s'amuse

• 5 weeks later...

I returned from the Ovation in July.  The solarium was definitely in service. I had breakfast and lunch there a few times. Fish and Ships had a few items that required an additional payment, but the majority was free.