Laem Chabang to Bangkok

thirstyman1

Just now, thirstyman1 said:

Anyone have any recommendations for transfers/tours from Laem Chabang to Bangkok?

It's a lengthy drive and possibility lf delay is high; recommend you take a ship-sponsored excursion for a day of sightseeing that includes the Grand Palace.

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, sambamama said:

Are you overnighting there? If so, you will see more if you book your own private tour and stay the night. I just stayed 9  nights there so much to see! ! 

I'm not the original poster, but I will be overnighting on my cruise in Bangkok (Laem Chabang).  I would like to leave the first day with my luggage and stay in a hotel in Bangkok, then fly out the next evening.  But after doing a little initial looking, I'm having trouble finding someone who will do this. Do you have any particular tour group you recommend - Tours by Local, Viator, or whatever?  Also, are there taxis at Laem Chabang port who can take us and our luggage to Bangkok?  We get in at 10 AM on a Sunday, which doesn't sound ideal for doing what I hope to do. 

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate hearing them!  I'm feeling a bit intimidated at this point.

9 hours ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

I'm not the original poster, but I will be overnighting on my cruise in Bangkok (Laem Chabang).  I would like to leave the first day with my luggage and stay in a hotel in Bangkok, then fly out the next evening.  But after doing a little initial looking, I'm having trouble finding someone who will do this. Do you have any particular tour group you recommend - Tours by Local, Viator, or whatever?  Also, are there taxis at Laem Chabang port who can take us and our luggage to Bangkok?  We get in at 10 AM on a Sunday, which doesn't sound ideal for doing what I hope to do. 

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate hearing them!  I'm feeling a bit intimidated at this point.

Sundays are no different to other days-of-the-week unless it's a Buddhist holiday.

Don't rely on taxis available on-spec at Laem Chabang - its a few years since we last went there, but they were in a cartel and were charging double - and more - than the prices charged by reliable operators pre-booked on-line.

But since you are only travelling one way you will doubtless have to pay a chunk more than half of a return transfer because the vehicle will have to travel empty one way.

Ask your hotel if they can book a taxi to collect you at Laem Chabang.

As a last resort book a ship's "Bangkok on your own" transfer (but be sure to tell the ship or driver or whoever that you won't be returning to Laem Chabang). Your luggage shouldn't be a problem, it will probably be quite lonely by itself in the bus's big  belly locker 😏.

Don't worry about Bangkok to airport, assuming you want Suvarnabhumi airport (BKK) ask your hotel to book a taxi to Phayathai station for a direct train to the airport (about 30 mins., train every 10 - 15 minutes) or a taxi all the way (about 16 miles, ask hotel's advice about cost and journey time) - this will be fixed price & cheaper than hailing a taxi in the street.

Hotels are very obliging - there should be no problem dropping your luggage before earliest check-in time and collecting it after check-out.

A good location for a hotel is on the river, ideally between River City (ferries, river excursions etc) and the Grand Palace.  

To avoid crowds and the heat of the day, I suggest you visit the Grand Palace early on your second day. And try to fit in a long-tail boat trip through the klongs (canals) - fun & interesting.

JB 🙂

17 hours ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

I gave you an answer on the other Oceania Riviera board.  I found the tour company website I was thinking of using but went in a different direction.  

It is:  Bangkok Shore Excursions (travelbangkoktours.com)

They appear to be reasonably priced but you can check it out on your own.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Try Tours with Tong.  She can probably arrange for a taxi to meet you at the cruise port, and she can certainly arrange a private tour for you.  She is very reasonably priced and I did two great tours with her myself.  I would look at Booking.com or Agoda for a hotel.  A river hotel is a great idea-if you want to splurge-The Chatrium Riverside is lovely.  If you want to go cheaper, make sure you get a hotel by a BTS or an MRT station-if you are going to sightsee yourself. You can book cheap airport transfers on Klook.  The Grand Hyatt Eragon is also lovely-but pricey, and in a very noisy section of town.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1