Just returned from Constellation - Venice to Athens; Any Questions

redwings1958

4 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I'm not sure if we made the right decision or not, as we fly to Venice shortly, but we don't travel light and for us, it will definitely be easier to get a water taxi from the airport straight to the dock of the hotel. 

It's not cheap, normally about $130-$150 for two, and we're paying even more due to the Venice Film Festival demand.  I booked this through Expedia.  I found that I could book it for perhaps $50 less by going directly through the company, but I know it's going to be crazy busy during the Film Festival and I liked having Expedia there to back us up if something went wrong.

Thought I'd throw this in as an option.  Yes, more money, but it's a private water taxi that will drop us off at the hotel's dock, as long as it's not high tide.  I really don't want to be dragging baggage around over bridges and cobblestone streets if I don't have to, and I'll pay up to avoid that to the extent possible.

During the one and only time we cruised out of Venice, we (family of 4) had the hotel get a water taxi to shuttle us from VCE to the hotel.  The price was a bit expensive, but it was for 4 of us and it was a nice convenience after taking a redeye flight over the Atlantic.  When we showed up at the dock, we did not see our water taxi.  So after a quick call to the hotel, one arrived fairly quickly.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 10:30 AM, redwings1958 said:

1. IMHO, the shows were good to very good;  We've been on a lot of cruises, so to WOW us takes a bit

2. Music entertainment was great;  Lots of variety from, Motown to Rock to soft music

3. The cruise director was Ernest[ from USA] and the assistant was Marc[ from Czech Republic]

Interesting... We just went on Constellation on Aug 7, and while Marc was still there as the activity manager, the cruise director was a 74-year old lady from the UK named Sue

On 7/31/2023 at 6:17 AM, redwings1958 said:

tender service is WELL ORGANIZED

I guess we were unlucky since it took us 3 hours in Zakynthos to get on shore with only 4 safety boats having been used by Constellation for tender services. We had a much better tendering experience in Santorini though, despite all the madness of that beautiful island