Free at Sea Plus Wifi questions

golden6911

Hi, I purchased Free at Sea Plus for our trip on the Prima for me and my husband  - it includes unlimited Wifi without the streaming option but the boarding pass lists "1".  Does that mean only one device gets Wifi or is it one device per FAS+ ticket bought? Us each having access to Wifi is a must since my husband will be working a bit on this trip. 

Anyone have an idea of what the premium Wifi costs, or how much better it is? 

Thanks!

1 device (each) at a time.  You can use it for your phone but if you want to switch to something else (laptop/tablet/etc), you have to log out of your first device.  Then you can log in to the second.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, golden6911 said:

Hi, I purchased Free at Sea Plus for our trip on the Prima for me and my husband  - it includes unlimited Wifi without the streaming option but the boarding pass lists "1".  Does that mean only one device gets Wifi or is it one device per FAS+ ticket bought? Us each having access to Wifi is a must since my husband will be working a bit on this trip. 

Thanks!

an account can be used for as many devices as you want. We share one account between 6 devices (2 work phones, 2 personal phones, an iPad and laptop). 

Premium Wifi is not really better. It just opens streaming ports. And you would need it if you are VPNing into a corporate system. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2023 at 7:56 AM, golden6911 said:

I’m on a 15 day and it was an extra $150 for fas+ with streaming.
people complain a lot about the quality, but I’ve been getting the streaming option for at least the last 8 years and never had a problem streaming nfl games, Hulu+ live, etc. 

• Like 1

Adding on to this rather than asking a new question...

My wife and I did a cruise last winter with 1 wifi device, and basically, we just kicked the other one off if we wanted to use the wifi.  We found that worked for us.  

This year, we're bringing our 11 year old with us.  We have the free at sea+.  My wife and I can share the wifi again, but we want our daughter to just have her own.  Is there any easy way to make sure it's always my wife and I swapping back and forth, and leaving my daughter's wifi alone?

On 8/4/2023 at 4:08 PM, wally4ever said:

Adding on to this rather than asking a new question...

My wife and I did a cruise last winter with 1 wifi device, and basically, we just kicked the other one off if we wanted to use the wifi.  We found that worked for us.  

This year, we're bringing our 11 year old with us.  We have the free at sea+.  My wife and I can share the wifi again, but we want our daughter to just have her own.  Is there any easy way to make sure it's always my wife and I swapping back and forth, and leaving my daughter's wifi alone?

Yes. You and your wife use your WiFi user/pass which is your last name and date of birth. Your daughter uses your wife's WiFi user/pass which is her last name/date of birth.  No errors until your wife forgets to use your DOB. I do that all the time - thankfully a screen comes up asking if I want to kick my husband off. I then remember I used the wrong DOB and don't kick him off unless he's upset me that day (kidding, he's an angel). 

We just did 11 day Prima with FAS+ just using 2 phones for everything! We had zero issues, free data from our carrier in ports. Make sure onboard you always turn on Airplane Mode to avoid satellite charges. Also, if you want to text each other (unless you have iMessenger) you have to pay a $10 per device one time fee. We never needed that as we could use Facebook Messenger.