Tender process on Oceania

Vineyard View

13 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

How do I find out which ports utilize tenders?

On the Oceania website, look at the itinerary for a particular cruise.  If you see an anchor symbol, it means it is a tender port.  For example:

image.thumb.png.ea1eabeb25fb713baf302d0d067aab07.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

Was thinking this is as well. It sounds as if the top suites can board tenders whenever they want, but not necessarily others until after excursions. Others have not experienced this, so maybe it’s random, and what I did read can occur. Idk 

Damn auto correct. SITA bus. Local transportation along the Amalfi Coast. We used it extensively when we spent time on a land trip. 
sofa bus does sound much nicer though!! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

I knew Santorini would be, now I see Montenegro is as well. Thanks

What is the port in Montenegro? I've been to Kotor a couple of times and we always docked there. 

8 minutes ago, ORV said:

What is the port in Montenegro? I've been to Kotor a couple of times and we always docked there. 

When we were in Kotor in May, we also docked, but there was a Princess ship there at the same time and they tendered.  

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

it should be on your Itinerary   a little anchor next to the port name

Yes, it SHOULD be.

On the Vista now for transatlantic to NYC.  Four ports now listed as anchor/tender ports that were not so previously noted…

Recent experience post COVID on Riveria, as stated earlier, staying in a OS, just show card at the top of the stairs and walk on to tender.  No tender ticket needed.

Also, Oceania handles tenders fairly quickly and allows independents to fill up tenders when ships tours are departing but the tender is not full.  Koror should be no problem.  As long as they are using their own life boats as opposed to the local port authority, tenders operate smoothly.  When you throw in local operators such as in Santorini, it becomes an issue. 

Edited by the more ports the better

7 hours ago, the more ports the better said:

Recent experience post COVID on Riveria, as stated earlier, staying in a OS, just show card at the top of the stairs and walk on to tender.  No tender ticket needed.

Great news, thanks for the update!

• Like 1