The latest info OC renovations

morpheusofthesea

The latest information on renovations for Ocean Cay:

https://ewnews.com/msc-cruises-approved-for-100-million...

"The Central Bank in its Monthly Economic and Financial Developments reports for June noted the project under “new foreign investment projects” designated for the island of Bimini. The MSC project will consist of new storm and drain management systems, entertainment areas, three new buildings for staff accommodations, along with a private yacht club, a solar farm and other amenities. "

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 8/3/2023 at 11:00 AM, jules815 said:

I sure hope they don't turn it into a Coco Cay.

@jules815 and @morpheusofthesea a number of our waiters on our Seaside cruise this past week said that they were planning to install a slides area and a recreational area for kids in the center of the island. I'm not sure this will ever be on the level of Coco Cay or Great Stirrup Cay but it sounds like they are making at least one part of the island a more kid friendly area. 

Warmest Amy

• Like 1

17 hours ago, amygutman said:

@jules815 and @morpheusofthesea a number of our waiters on our Seaside cruise this past week said that they were planning to install a slides area and a recreational area for kids in the center of the island. I'm not sure this will ever be on the level of Coco Cay or Great Stirrup Cay but it sounds like they are making at least one part of the island a more kid friendly area. 

Warmest Amy

And that would detract from the appeal to us.

10 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

And that would detract from the appeal to us.

@shipgeeks I agree. Although Ocean Cay is not our favorite island (layout and amenities of NCL's Great Stirrup Cay make that our favorite place), one of it's charms we do enjoy is the unspoiled nature without a "theme park", well, theme. 

Will be interesting to see what actually happens.

Warmest Amy