Grand Princess Midship Stairs

Solara

Are the midship stairs open to passengers on the Grand Princess? Seems to me the last time we were on her they weren’t, but they’re showing up on the deck plans.  Also, are the mini suite balconies on Deck 9 covered or uncovered? Thanks!😀

31 minutes ago, skynight said:

Mid ship stairs are open to passengers from deck 5 to deck 7. They are closed to passengers above deck 7

Deck 9 balconies are 9ft x 6ft and uncovered.

Thank you. That’s what I thought. 

5 hours ago, Solara said:

Thank you. That’s what I thought. 

I asked about those stairs quite recently. Like you, I noticed they went all the way up on the deck plan and was hoping (but not at all confident) that they had been opened up. When Royal Princess debuted it had blocked stairs as well but there was such a lot of outcry from the passengers that the ship was refitted a bit to make them usable by passengers. I really didn't have much hope at all that this had happened on Grand Princess so I wasn't really surprised to find that the stairs still stopped (for passenger use) after a very short climb. We sailed on Grand one other time and found ourselves laughing at each other when we tried to use those stairs for a second, and then a third time. D'Oh! We're booked on Grand Princess for 63 days starting September 26. I wonder if we will space out and try to use the midship stairs again. 🥴

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I asked about those stairs quite recently. Like you, I noticed they went all the way up on the deck plan and was hoping (but not at all confident) that they had been opened up. When Royal Princess debuted it had blocked stairs as well but there was such a lot of outcry from the passengers that the ship was refitted a bit to make them usable by passengers. I really didn't have much hope at all that this had happened on Grand Princess so I wasn't really surprised to find that the stairs still stopped (for passenger use) after a very short climb. We sailed on Grand one other time and found ourselves laughing at each other when we tried to use those stairs for a second, and then a third time. D'Oh! We're booked on Grand Princess for 63 days starting September 26. I wonder if we will space out and try to use the midship stairs again. 🥴

Yep.  Too bad they didn’t open them up like they did on the Royal. I was so happy the 2nd time we sailed on the Royal they opened them up. A narrow staircase but better than nothing.