OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK AUG 6-13,2023 SEASCAPE

morpheusofthesea

Two weeks ago this same shop on Ocean Cay had just one case filled with these Bahamian Rum Cakes for sale. Not such a big seller, but today noticed the shelves are more bare of product and the rum cakes instead of being stacked on top of each other in just one row of display cases is now spread 'thin' over two display cases. Found that there were new merchandise not seen before but in very little quantity or sizes. DW questioned cashier who said whatever supply they receive is sold by the second ship to visit.

IMG_3125.jpg

Being Ocean Cay day we decided to go up early to Ocean House to see about any changes and were able to take the first trolley up with the 'help'. Took some pictures which will have to wait when home to up load. We were ready to leave before the first trolley load of YC guests arrived. Did not know how long we would have to wait for this first trolley but two YC personnel were heading back to the ship and just asked if we would like to ride with them back to the ship. It was more a cargo-type trolley, but it did have a seat for two in the middle with a gate on either side that had to be opened to board.  They did not have to offer us a ride. DW whispered to me to tip each $10 (I was thinking $5).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Just a few things one will notice. An elevator key pad deck 7, a sliding door separating the Jungle Pool / Marketplace buffet, the automatic door leading to the OnePool deck 20, the elevator over-ride perk for YC guests, the Infinity bridge on port side. All probably guest induced.

Oh my. That is concerning. These sound like relatively visible since they are located in public areas people will indeed see them since they will want to use them for sure.  Sounds a bit trashy to not have them fixed ASAP. It's a new ship. Maybe I'm a bit spoiled by previous crises, but it sounds trashy to not have fixed these issues. 

Oh, and to make it clear, I enjoy sailing MSC. So my comment above is not from a place of downing MSC. It's just not cool to not have repaired or replaced things broken in public areas like doors and elevator pads that are used daily by guests. Could look tacky to guests that pay to use them. Not good. 

Edited by blueslily
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Forgot to mention that this 'team' that MSC is putting together under the direction of Hotel Director Yannis K. is expressly for the purpose of preparing the Seashore for the American Market. (Which translates means MSC wants a 100% CDC sanitation report when it arrives).

I was curious what "preparing the Seashore for the American market meant". I've failed the Seashore and thought that it was "prepared" for the market in several ways. Interesting. 

4 minute video of the entire OnePool deck taken when in San Juan and most everyone was off the ship. 14 pergolas. I avoided the smoking section as there was a gentleman there smoking at the tables just before the blue rolled towels. I ended with a shot of the stairway that the interlopers use to come up from Aurea Top 19 and then climb over the railing. Already posted the photos from downstairs in Aurea Top 19.

• Like 2

13 second clip of another performance called "In Concert". The only way I can tell the difference between this show and the others is the use of the 4 piece show band usually seen every other night in Le Cabaret Rouge. In LCR there is one one brief interlude between sets when the guitarist does a magnificent guitar solo, I do not know what it was, just that he was impressive. Will try to catch a video clip of him next time if they are still on the ship end of September 2023.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Le Cabaret Rouge

Perhaps one of my biggest disappointments of our cruise on Seaside was the absence of this lounge. You’ve mentioned it in just about every review and I was looking forward to spending time there. I assumed it was on all of the Sea class ships…but alas, it is not. 

Enrico Cifiello, has 7 albums to his credit (I googled him). I wish I could get such information on these 'deadbeat' comedians so as not to waste our time in the future running to get good seats and sitting for 45 minutes for the performance to start and then getting up and running out after 5 minutes because these people belong on the "Worst Comedian List."