Visas

anne_p

None of the countries on my recent South American cruise required a visa - Argentina, Uruguay, Falklands, Chile, Ecuador and Peru.  You may need a visa for Venezuela.  Didn't need a visa for Colombia, but that was back a few years.  

2 hours ago, anne_p said:

Aside from Brazil, are there any other countries that require visas in South America?

Is it safe to assume that you are a US citizen? I noted that you are located in Virginia, but don't like to make statements about visas without verification.

Thanks! Yes, we are in Virginia and did a cruise around SA a few years ago that ended in Brazil. Brazil required a visa. We are going to cruise to Antarctica and we will be going to SA countries we haven’t been to before. 

Slightly off topic, but related:  we have a holiday cruise that visits Trinidad & Tobago- 2 ports.  I think I saw something about visa requirements when we booked, but no longer see that.  Are there visa requirements for Trinidad & Tobago (Scarborough & Port of Spain?)  We are US citizens & have valid US Passports.

10 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

Slightly off topic, but related:  we have a holiday cruise that visits Trinidad & Tobago- 2 ports.  I think I saw something about visa requirements when we booked, but no longer see that.  Are there visa requirements for Trinidad & Tobago (Scarborough & Port of Spain?)  We are US citizens & have valid US Passports.

All you need is a valid US passport, for visits less than 90 days. It must be machine readable (not a passport card).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, anne_p said:

Thanks! Yes, we are in Virginia and did a cruise around SA a few years ago that ended in Brazil. Brazil required a visa. We are going to cruise to Antarctica and we will be going to SA countries we haven’t been to before. 

I believe you need visas for Brazil, Bolivia, and Paraguay.

12 minutes ago, DE Solo said:

All you need is a valid US passport, for visits less than 90 days. It must be machine readable (not a passport card).

Good to know, we have the passport book, so we are good to go.  We have the Amazon Explorer booked for 2025, which visits Brazil, but requirements might change by then, so waiting until a few months before we go to find out for sure.  Thank you for your quick reply.