How to reserve complimentary time for North Star and Ripcord (iFly) on Quantum (Alaska sailing)?

Hi all,

I'm sure it's been asked before, tried searching and not finding good results. I'm sailing on Quantum tomorrow to Alaska and trying to figure out what will be the best way to reserve complimentary North Star and Ripcord sessions. I assume those are still available? I understand they charge for those attractions some of the time now, but they are still complimentary some of the time. Will I be able to reserve via the app once onboard and connected to ship's wifi or should I head over there in person as soon as I'm on board?

Regards,

Alex 

29 minutes ago, TripsYouMustDo said:

Hi all,

I'm sure it's been asked before, tried searching and not finding good results. I'm sailing on Quantum tomorrow to Alaska and trying to figure out what will be the best way to reserve complimentary North Star and Ripcord sessions. I assume those are still available? I understand they charge for those attractions some of the time now, but they are still complimentary some of the time. Will I be able to reserve via the app once onboard and connected to ship's wifi or should I head over there in person as soon as I'm on board?

Regards,

Alex 

Hi NorthStar on Quantum is not operating at the moment 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Brianr70 said:

Hi NorthStar on Quantum is not operating at the moment 

Thank you Brian, that's too bad.

Any advice on the Ripcord? Are there complimentary times for those still and what's the best way to book them? I looked at the Cruise Compass from end of June and it seems there are some times not marked "extra charge", but things seem to change very fast...

5 hours ago, TripsYouMustDo said:

Thank you Brian, that's too bad.

Any advice on the Ripcord? Are there complimentary times for those still and what's the best way to book them? I looked at the Cruise Compass from end of June and it seems there are some times not marked "extra charge", but things seem to change very fast...

If it's anything like the NorthStar on Anthem this activity is free of charge on port days.  I had a difficult time reserving while on board.  Was told that the reservations would open up at 8am each say, but every time I tried, I received a message that it was all booked.  Finally asked the DL concierge to help me out.  To this day, I still don't know what the proper procedure is.  Wish it was same as (pre) booking of shows and other events.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TripsYouMustDo said:

Are there complimentary times for those still and what's the best way to book them?

Yes, go to the venue after boarding and book in person with Ripcord staff. The app may also work.

• Thanks 1

Thanks all, was able to book via the app on one of the port days. On our cruise they released reservations between 8pm and 9pm. Looks like you can book it complementary only once per cruise. Tried booking again and got "not eligible". Staff at the location was helpful only in terms of telling me when reservations are released in the app and couldn't or wouldn't help otherwise. 

North Star is still broken on 8/7-8/14 sailing, which is disappointing. Out of operation for the entire sailing.