USB ports on cabin TV's

Kristelle

do the TV's i n the river ship cabins have USB ports so you can bring downloaded programs from home to watch?

Yes I know we are not going on holiday to sit in cabin watching TV series - but sometimes at night  we like to unwind watching something.

If not  I will have my tablet but bit small for 2 people  to watch together.

We always travel with a Firestick (Roku should work also). Just need an HDMI port for that. Also a universal remote so you can change the input. Use a VPN and you can access any of your streaming content.

Not sure if you can store pre-recorded stuff on the Firestick itself an watch it with some app, never tried, but you could look into it.

• Like 1

will be travelling on Scenic Jade

We have a Firestick, also a small portable hard drive, as well as USB's, of course

I dont want to stream anything directly , just watch things already downloaded, so  I dont  need a VPN

Edited by Kristelle

Looking at the rooms pics on the Scenic site the TVs are wall mounted so sockets on the edges ought to be available

@Canal archive is currently aboard a Scenic boat, perhaps you could ask her to  see if there's an accessible USB socket on the TV. She's posting about her cruise here 

Edited by pontac
  • Like 1

I emailed Scenic and this is their reply (sentence bolded by me)  - to their credit recieved within 48 hours of my asking.🙂

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the USB ports for the TV in your suite.

All our suites feature an Apple TV which have an in-built infotainment system. You can enjoy international cable TV, free movies and music, you can also use the TV as a computer with free Wi-Fi and keyboard and mouse provided.

The TV has Scenic Tailormade built into it, where you have access to view from the stern and bow of the ship, view daily itinerary, menus and activity time table.

Unfortunately there is no USB port in the suite itself but you can bring adapters to put into the power points for a USB port, however, on the TV itself, there is a USB port where you will be able to connect your USB and watch your downloaded programs.

If you have any other enquiries regarding your booking, please refer back to your agent who will be able to assist you.

• Like 1