Free bottle of wine in steakhouse and alcohol room delivery

edrussell

We are taking our first cruise on Carnvial on Venezia in Sept and I have a couple of questions.  From what I understand you can get a free bottle of wine if you eat in the steakhouse on night 1 of the cruise.  I've also read that it is also applicable on night 2.  Although there is conflicting information on that.  Does anyone have any firsthand knowledge of this on Venezia?

Also if we order some booze for the room (we are thinking of ordering 2 X 4 pack of beer) when are they delivered?  Since the Cheers package doesn't kick in until day 2 sailing out of NY does that impact these deliveries?

Thanks!

I have not sailed out of NY, so can't give first hand experience.  But, if you go in and proceed through the purchase process to buy the booze, you should be given a drop down menu of days when you can have it delivered to select from.   This should answer that question for you.  

If you aren't ready to buy yet, just don't complete the purchase and back out.

• Thanks 1

Steakhouse free wine is first night or first elegant night.  Plus if I remember correctly, pricier wines are discounted during the same.  I’ve taken advantage of this policy, it’s across all ships.  Most recently did so on Conquest.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mr305 said:

Steakhouse free wine is first night or first elegant night.  Plus if I remember correctly, pricier wines are discounted during the same.  I’ve taken advantage of this policy, it’s across all ships.  Most recently did so on Conquest.

Um?  Ok that is new, I have never heard of the free bottle of wine on the first elegant night.  I have heard of it on the first night of the sailing, and some sailings (that are longer, like a week or more) they extend it to the first 2nights sometimes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wemjam said:

Um?  Ok that is new, I have never heard of the free bottle of wine on the first elegant night.  I have heard of it on the first night of the sailing, and some sailings (that are longer, like a week or more) they extend it to the first 2nights sometimes.

I can't speak to how "new" the comp bottle of wine is on the first "elegant night", but we received the comp bottle of wine in the steakhouse on the first night of the cruise and first "elegant night" on our Alaska cruise last August and Horizon cruise a few months before that. 

So not a sure thing for the free bottle of wine on Night 2 then.  Not a huge deal, but we figured why not if we were trying a specialty dining experience.  Booking something on Night 1 is a bit of a iffy for us since we try not to have any plans on night 1 being our first night onboard.  

11 hours ago, edrussell said:

So not a sure thing for the free bottle of wine on Night 2 then.  Not a huge deal, but we figured why not if we were trying a specialty dining experience.  Booking something on Night 1 is a bit of a iffy for us since we try not to have any plans on night 1 being our first night onboard.  

We usually leave the 1st night open, too, but for our Sept B2B decided since we'd eventually get hungry and thirsty and we always go to Sreakhouse 1x, why not go the 1st night and get free wine?

Bonus for us it won't be dressy night and should be less crowded = win, win, win!

if you are on Cheers or buying by the drink, if you hit your 15 before you go to the steak house will they still give you the wine, or will you still be cut off? Asking just out of couriosity. I do not have any kind of relationship with alchol

1 hour ago, jedi bobs said:

if you are on Cheers or buying by the drink, if you hit your 15 before you go to the steak house will they still give you the wine, or will you still be cut off? Asking just out of couriosity. I do not have any kind of relationship with alchol

I would not advise having 15 alcoholic drinks before going out for a fancy steak dinner.  You might not remember it,

This screenshot is what comes up when you choose Specialty Dining from your Cruise Manager. Confirms:

- first night: free bottle of house wine OR 50% off select bottles that retail under $100

- second night: 50% off select bottles that retail under $100

image.thumb.png.d2cd36afa1565d727b9967b72846471e.png

14 hours ago, PinaCarada said:

This screenshot is what comes up when you choose Specialty Dining from your Cruise Manager. Confirms:

- first night: free bottle of house wine OR 50% off select bottles that retail under $100

- second night: 50% off select bottles that retail under $100

image.thumb.png.d2cd36afa1565d727b9967b72846471e.png

That did not come up for me. I booked first night anyway, but this is first time I've seen that notice.

I will be really unhappy if I don't get the free wine - had to change reservations to get the Steakhouse on night 1.

6 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

That did not come up for me. I booked first night anyway, but this is first time I've seen that notice.

I will be really unhappy if I don't get the free wine - had to change reservations to get the Steakhouse on night 1.

John Heald posted this back on July 12 too, and I know it says September 1, but it does confirm that you'll definitely get your free bottle on your cruise 🙂

image.thumb.png.8e9a41b95440a8c790add785f456b2e2.png

• Thanks 2

On 8/10/2023 at 7:40 PM, TreyB said:

Meh, I wouldn’t worry about it too much. It’s a $10 dollar bottle of wine, hardly something to be really upset about. 

More like 3 buck Chuck from Trader Joes. I looked it up last cruise, it was 3.85 online. Go for the half off the good wine and save your head!

• Haha 1

To each their own, we aren't wine drinkers and wouldn't know the difference between the good stuff and the house wine.  My intention wasn't to get into a wine valuation course, simply to determine what the offer really was.  To those that answered the question I very much appreciate it.  Cheers all.  

• Like 1