Up Up & Away

12 hours ago, Ret MP said:

I wonder who the genius was that suggested putting a hot-air balloon on a lone island in the Caribbean (not technically and geographically in the Caribbean Sea) and making it one of the main attractions of the island.  Surely someone at RCCL HQ knew that weather would be a major issue with a hot-air balloon and do nothing but piss people off with its issues.  

Maybe just my perspective, but I have never considered the balloon one of the main attractions at Coco Cay. 

7 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Whatever.  The premise of the post was never about a hot-air balloon, but some needed to suggest otherwise.

Ya, whatever.  The premise of MY post was about ---- Well, here it is:  " I wonder who the genius was that suggested putting a hot-air balloon on a lone island in the Caribbean (not technically and geographically in the Caribbean Sea) and making it one of the main attractions of the island.  Surely someone at RCCL HQ knew that weather would be a major issue with a hot-air balloon and do nothing but piss people off with its issues".

My post was about the logic of putting a "hot-air" balloon on a Caribbean Island with known weather issues, as minor as they may be, usually.  That is the post that you seem to have to get all technical about.  And the OP was actually talking about how this was the 5th time he hasn't been able to get on the balloon, which to me was an issue to HIM.  Which makes me wonder why they even have it.  I've been to CocoCay once.  It was a beautiful day, light wind and the balloon wasn't operating because it wasn't light enough.  Didn't bother me though, I didn't think twice about it, then, I wouldn't go up in it anyway.  

And to answer  @PhillyFan33579's post/comment.  I don't doubt that it isn't one of your main attractions.  That's fine and good, it isn't mine either.  But, Royal sure does, it's highlighted in just about every promotion of CocoCay/Perfect Day.  

JUST ONE EXAMPLE:

image.png.95caaae80443b2bd8937eb9ae28eb925.png