QV alteration

exlondoner

32 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I thought QV was going to Stavanger today, but she seems to be passing and going straight to Skoldjen. Is this weather related?

Yes f9 in area ref Met office shipping forecast

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Petulia said:

Looking at Cruisemapper, she seems to be half way between Haugesund and Bergen in gale force conditions and high seas. 🌊🌊🌊

If I were a passenger, I should be wishing I were safely docked in Stavanger - or anywhere really.

• Like 1

It looks like all three of the cruise ships that were scheduled to call at Stavanger today are headed elsewhere. AIDAdiva arrived at Bergen a bit after noon local time today instead, Viking Venus is bypassing Stavanger to proceed to her next scheduled stop at Oslo tomorrow and QV is bypassing Stavanger to proceed to her next stop at Skjolden (rescheduled from Flaam some months ago).

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

It’s a shame that Flam is no longer open to most? cruise ships. Offering a scenic village with amenities to walk round and mostly for us, the weather was very pleasant. Unlike Olden where it was always cold and VERY wet. 💦

2 hours ago, Petulia said:

It’s a shame that Flam is no longer open to most? cruise ships. Offering a scenic village with amenities to walk round and mostly for us, the weather was very pleasant. Unlike Olden where it was always cold and VERY wet. 💦

Plenty of ships in Flam this year. I visited at the end of June on P&O Britannia. 

https://www.flamport.no/ship-arrivals2021

• Like 1