Packing Decisions- Wish I had packed? Glad I did pack?

ltdemptynest

Anyone ever get home from Tahiti and Say, " I wish I had packed more stuff?"... 

I am planning to really pack light.. BUT if you had to have to give advice on something you wish you had packed or something you packed and were glad you did.. What would it be?  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ltdemptynest said:

Anyone ever get home from Tahiti and Say, " I wish I had packed more stuff?"... 

I am planning to really pack light.. BUT if you had to have to give advice on something you wish you had packed or something you packed and were glad you did.. What would it be?  

A big shade hat ... with a strap so it doesn't blow off when your on a boat in the lagoon. I aways bring one.

A multi 110V plug with USB outlets as well. We always bring one. 

If your a returnee remember you get free laundry 😉

• Like 1

😅 lol, I totally overpacked! Spent most days in a bathing suit and cover up, 

I knew that we would have a lot of wet clothes between the three of us. A wet bag was a must. One of the best things I brought were these magnetic hooks that you can use on the wall of the cabin. I used them mostly in the hallway to hang things to dry, there were not enough places in the bathroom,  even though it had a clothesline: 

https://www.amazon.com/GREATMAG-Magnetic-Kitchen-Outdoor-Hanging/dp/B08BFBHV5X?th=1

Also, the cabin doesn't have a lot of power outlets, so a long extension cord that does not have a surge suppressor on it would be very convenient

https://www.amazon.com/GE-Extension-Outlet-Perfect-Kitchen/dp/B000Q68W2G/ref=asc_df_B000Q68W2G/?tag=&linkCode=df0&hvadid=423904863271&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17876186609283593033&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9007388&hvtargid=pla-911550428783&ref=&adgrpid=98975650952&th=1

A European adapter - there is a desk with two power outlets, one being European style, so if you bring one of the round pronged adapters you can convert it to a 2 prong USA type plug for devices that can be used in both 110/220 power, like most phones and laptops. Conversely, Europeans can bring an American adapter and get an extra outlet on the other side of the desk.

https://www.amazon.com/European-Adapter-Europe-Travel-Converter/dp/B097GCZWMM/ref=asc_df_B097GCZWMM/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=532923056828&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17756297808396134407&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9007388&hvtargid=pla-1393365441968&th=1

• Like 1

Water shoes with a hard sole! If you're snorkeling, you will want them for sure. You do NOT want to step on a stonefish without protection on your feet.

Also, don't forget to pack something white for their White Night, and something Polynesian for the Polynesian Party night. You don't NEED to wear something white or Polynesian, but I think it's fun to dress for the themed nights. 😁

• Like 1

Water shoes- ✔️  (I just use my dive booties.) 

I have a pair of Timberland water sandals.. but they are open.. They are much more comfortable, but probably not a good choice for wading into any water that isn't completely sandy?

I have my dive fins that require booties, then I also pack a pair of much smaller snorkel fins (more convenient that lugging around the dive fins).  

29 minutes ago, ltdemptynest said:

I have a pair of Timberland water sandals.. but they are open.. They are much more comfortable, but probably not a good choice for wading into any water that isn't completely sandy?

I have my dive fins that require booties, then I also pack a pair of much smaller snorkel fins (more convenient that lugging around the dive fins).  

Hi! 🙂 Open sandals are not going to be the best choice, and never really came across any sandy beaches, everything was a little bit crunchy underfoot. Did cut my foot open once when I didn't have them on. Not to mention stepping on sea cucumbers kind of icky 😝 I found these reasonably priced shoes with a good sole, very comfy can walk around in them all day. Check out this other thread 🧜‍♀️

Edited by TheDarkestBlue
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ltdemptynest said:

I'm in agreement with @TheDarkestBlue - open sandals are not the best option for snorkeling. Besides leaving the sides of your foot open to stings, they will collect sand as you walk through the water and make it hard to move around. Dive booties would certainly work! That's what I use when I snorkel around here (Mexican Pacific Coast), but I'm not bringing my finds (too bulky and heavy to fit in my luggage) so I'm bringing a pair of water shoes.

• Like 1