NCL Excursions in Cozumel - question about the difference beach days..

genealogyfan

Has anyone taken either of these NCL excursions in Cozumel? I'm trying to see why there is such a huge price difference. I'm going there on the Prima in April 2024.

-Exclusive Cozumel Beach Day Resort -6 Hours (after $50 discount it's $119)

-Passion Island Beach Day - 5 hours (after $50 discount it's $29).

I am leaning to privately booking Nachi Cocom, but wanted to check the cruise ship excursions too. I'm just looking for a nice quiet beach day which is safe and include food. I'm also solo. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, genealogyfan said:

Has anyone taken either of these NCL excursions in Cozumel? I'm trying to see why there is such a huge price difference. I'm going there on the Prima in April 2024.

-Exclusive Cozumel Beach Day Resort -6 Hours (after $50 discount it's $119)

-Passion Island Beach Day - 5 hours (after $50 discount it's $29).

I am leaning to privately booking Nachi Cocom, but wanted to check the cruise ship excursions too. I'm just looking for a nice quiet beach day which is safe and include food. I'm also solo. Thanks in advance.

Difficult to comment without knowing which resort.

Quick search suggests “exclusive beach day” is at Iberostar but that the photo of resort in tour description is a stock photo and not of the actual location so cant even try and identify from photo.

Sometimes with vague description like this the cruise line will change the actual location depending on current contract.

However it does say “swimming pools” if that is important  - no pools at Passion Island. One you require boat transfer and the other is by road. Sounds like a good price for Passion Island. I have never been but the usual complaint is with time for transport you don’t get much time at the location.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

We went to Passion Island years ago and it is beautiful. There was a storm the day before so the water was really stirred up but it's not usually like that from what I've read. HERE is my review from that day.

If you want just a beach day, it's probably a lot cheaper to do it on your own than pay the cruise line for an excursion. Grab a taxi and go to a beach. There's plenty of choices in Cozumel. COZUMEL BEACHES we have been to (click). Maybe one of them look like just what you are looking for. 🙂 

• Like 1