Food Allergies/Vegan in Specialty Restaurants

Coco4830

We will be sailing on the Eclipse on September 17 to Alaska with my husband who is allergic to gluten and dairy; as well as my nephew who is vegan. We were hoping to dine in Murano, The Tuscan Grille and Sushi on Five.

Would anyone know if the restaurants will be be able to accommodate us with these special dietary needs?

Thank you in advance!

Yes, they will...

Please give them 24 hours notice and if asked, an idea of what you would like to have.

All this from a vegan who sails exclusively X.

There may be a faux pas, but they will correct it immediately... if in doubt at that time, ask away.

bon appetit and bon voyage

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Yes, they will...

Please give them 24 hours notice and if asked, an idea of what you would like to have.

There may be a faux pas, but they will correct it immediately... if in doubt at that time, ask away.

40 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Yes, they will...

Edited by Coco4830
Duplicate

44 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Yes, they will...

Thank you

• Thanks 1

As said above go the day before and work it out with them.  I find Murano most accommodating.  I have been glutened in Tuscan.  They have gf pasta.  Sushi on 5 is my husbands favorite so we eat there a lot.  They do have Tamari instead of soy sauce, just ask for it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Despite what you may read on X's board, foodies of most genres can and will be accommodated, with the exception of Daniel Boulud Dining extravaganza, even though it was posted recently that they now accommodate vegans, I will wait until boarding to find out... LOL

My experience at Rooftop Grill on the Reflection was great. I told the waiter I am Celiac and he made sure the cooks knew and brought me a dessert from the MDR since there wasn't anything I could eat on their dessert menu.  He was a gem of a waiter and could teach others how to take care of customers. 

• Thanks 1

as a precaution contact Celebrity ahead of time.   Call    Verbally communicate your needs. There is also a Medical form online that goes to RCCL and sent to ship. On that form, scroll down and you will see Dietary needs.  Submit that.  On embarkation, make sure you connect with the DR Mgrs.  They appreciate advance notice.    

I am anaphylactic to a very common food.    I have never had an issue.       Each evening, you can ask for the next days lunch and dinner  menu in MDR or Luminae   In Blu, it is for next day dinner but they will provide you with MDR  next day lunch menu if asked

I have found Celebrity will do their very best to accommodate. But showing up at meal time and requesting is more difficult for staff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

as a precaution contact Celebrity ahead of time.   Call    Verbally communicate your needs. There is also a Medical form online that goes to RCCL and sent to ship. On that form, scroll down and you will see Dietary needs.  Submit that.  On embarkation, make sure you connect with the DR Mgrs.  They appreciate advance notice.    

I am anaphylactic to a very common food.    I have never had an issue.       Each evening, you can ask for the next days lunch and dinner  menu in MDR or Luminae   In Blu, it is for next day dinner but they will provide you with MDR  next day lunch menu if asked

I have found Celebrity will do their very best to accommodate. But showing up at meal time and requesting is more difficult for staff

Actually, the OP was inquiring about the Specialty Restaurants, I suspect that they already know that the MDR's can and will accommodate, yet that does not make your comments any less informative.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Actually, the OP was inquiring about the Specialty Restaurants, I suspect that they already know that the MDR's can and will accommodate, yet that does not make your comments any less informative.

Yes, I knew what they were asking.  All of the restaurants /diningrooms appreciate a heads up in advance.    On a cruise, I overheard a woman tell the manager of a restaurant she had a dietary restriction .   He asked her if she had contacted and advised Celebrity/RCL in advance, before boarding,  as he had not been informed.   She had not.    He explained Advance notice gives them time to prepare and make necessary adjustments and precautions, but would do his best to accommodate her but her choices maybe limited

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

Yes, I knew what they were asking.  All of the restaurants /diningrooms appreciate a heads up in advance.    On a cruise, I overheard a woman tell the manager of a restaurant she had a dietary restriction .   He asked her if she had contacted and advised Celebrity/RCL in advance, before boarding,  as he had not been informed.   She had not.    He explained Advance notice gives them time to prepare and make necessary adjustments and precautions, but would do his best to accommodate her but her choices maybe limited

I can agree with this, yet the lack of accommodation is usually limited to the first night of dining service...

Once known by staff, subsequent dining opportunities will be fine...