Printed Xpress pass vs app Xpress pass

whataboutport

22 hours ago, travelbuds said:

Curious how you printed the Xpress Pass. I was able to take the screen shot and email it as attachment to my email account, but not able to print it from laptop. Was able to print luggage tags and documents from my Celebrity account, but found no mention of Xpress Pass. Had received an email from Celebrity telling me to print it. Thanks.

Are you trying to print it from the app? On a web browser, including Safari on my iPad, after you get all the screens telling you to just use the d**** app, there's a link that says if you absolutely can't use the app, print it here. (A bit of an exaggeration.) The link you're looking for is at the top of the block with your reservation. It's not in your documents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess I just see no reason to print the Express Pass. It's in my Apple Wallet, the same place I keep concert tickets (not available to print), boarding passes (can be printed but why), the parking pass for Dulles, and my baseball tickets. With the scalping and reselling of event tickets, most of them don't even allow printouts anymore, and screen shots won't work. It's time to just trust the technology a bit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2024 at 10:18 AM, jennmaybe said:

Are you not able to print an email?

Am able to print email, but not the full attachment (Xpress Pass). I sent Xpress Pass as attachment from my phone to my email.

Am able to print luggage tags and documents directly from my Celebrity website, but not seeing the Xpress Pass tab or link. 

On 5/9/2024 at 10:43 AM, markeb said:

Are you trying to print it from the app? On a web browser, .......... The link you're looking for is at the top of the block with your reservation. It's not in your documents.

Not from app. Had seen the link you mentioned. It was not the Xpress Pass format like on the app, but it did have names, reservation number and sailinfg date to use at port. The only reason I wanted a printed copy was because I got an email from Celebrity telling me to print it out.

Thanks.

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, travelbuds said:

Not from app. Had seen the link you mentioned. It was not the Xpress Pass format like on the app, but it did have names, reservation number and sailinfg date to use at port. The only reason I wanted a printed copy was because I got an email from Celebrity telling me to print it out.

Thanks.

Yeah, it doesn't look the same as the app. Nor the same as the old Xpress Format when you'd print it. But that's it. Right under the screen that screams "download the app!". They are proud of their app...

Edited to add: It's kind of ironic that with all the "use the app" messages on the web page they'd send out an email telling you to print it. And that when you go to the place to print it, they again tell you to use the app...

Edited by markeb

37 minutes ago, markeb said:

Yeah, it doesn't look the same as the app. Nor the same as the old Xpress Format when you'd print it. But that's it. Right under the screen that screams "download the app!". They are proud of their app...

Edited to add: It's kind of ironic that with all the "use the app" messages on the web page they'd send out an email telling you to print it. And that when you go to the place to print it, they again tell you to use the app...

I'm printing the email to take with me and, at boarding, ask why? Princess app much easier for me to use.

I had both app pass and paper at the ready!

It was so much easier to have a paper boarding pass on hand vs. holding my phone along with juggling my purse and carry-on. Same thing with airline boarding passes.

On 8/12/2023 at 3:32 PM, whataboutport said:

I have received my boarding documents, yay! However there is verbage in the paperwork that states: 

"Remember to print your Xpress Pass and bring it with you in order to board the ship. In the absence of a printed Xpress Pass, additional forms will need to be completed at the Pier."

Then on the website, it says:

"Your digital boarding passes are ready, get them in the app now

Using the app will improve your experience, but if you don’t have a smartphone or cannot access the app, print this page and bring it with you to the terminal."

If I have the Xpress pass on my app, why do I need it printed out? And if I have it on my app and not printed out, that inadvertently means I need additional forms? Or is this yet another example of the IT/website messed up again?

Do I need to print out the entire guest ticket booklet or just the one with the bar code? Or none?

I always print out the express pass as a backup just in case the app has connectivity issues.

2 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

I always print out the express pass as a backup just in case the app has connectivity issues.

I have the Xpress Pass on my phone, but I'm still looking for the Xpress Pass to print out from my account on the Celebrity website. Curious where you found the site to print. Hope my phone is working on boarding day! Thanks.