Cabin 3083 noise issues?

madmedic

We have not stayed in that exact cabin but within a few cabins on both port and starboard sides.  We have been on deck 3 on every Viking cruise we have been on.

We have never had any noise concerns at least that were bothersome to us.

The restaurant in our opinion does not transfer noise up, the Restaurant is not open late anyway... I think that it closes around 9:30'ish.   The promenade deck is mostly people walking as it is not a running friendly deck.  Most runners are on the sports deck up top.  Don't think you will have issues here.

Where we have heard noise is when we have been further forward on Deck 3 and that noise is coming from the theatre.  We have heard rehearsals in the afternoon and if retiring early, sometimes the shows, but they like the restaurant don't usually go past 9:30'ish.

From my perspective you should be fine. 

51 minutes ago, CDNPolar said:

We have not stayed in that exact cabin but within a few cabins on both port and starboard sides.  We have been on deck 3 on every Viking cruise we have been on.

The restaurant in our opinion does not transfer noise up, the Restaurant is not open late anyway... I think that it closes around 9:30'ish.   The promenade deck is mostly people walking as it is not a running friendly deck.  Most runners are on the sports deck up top.  Don't think you will have issues here.

Where we have heard noise is when we have been further forward on Deck 3 and that noise is coming from the theatre.  We have heard rehearsals in the afternoon and if retiring early, sometimes the shows, but they like the restaurant don't usually go past 9:30'ish.

Thank you for your reassurance. I was concerned about runners pounding on the deck below in the early morning. Glad to hear about your experiences on deck 3. We purposely avoided cabins further forward above the theatre. 

Now you cannot say that no one would run on that deck, BUT, it is not really designed and convenient for runners because you go through what I can only call a very narrow passage at the front of the ship which is crew access to the anchor and mooring lines, and it is really only one lane, with sharp corners.  There would certainly be collisions with runners and walkers.

We have never experienced any noise from this deck, and I walk on this deck often and only ever see people walking.

2 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

Same here.

No noise issues at all for us near this location. Sure you will be fine. 

1 hour ago, madmedic said:

Thank you for your reassurance. I was concerned about runners pounding on the deck below in the early morning. Glad to hear about your experiences on deck 3. We purposely avoided cabins further forward above the theatre. 

Don't worry.  Footsteps from runners would normally be heard if the exercise deck was above.  People on the river cruises with the expensive upper deck cabins have complained about hearing the runners on the upper deck.  I have walked the promenade and noticed that we walkers irritate the few runners because we are slow and walk and talk with friends rather then walk in single tile.  They have to dodge us.  Promenade means a place for strolling, a leisurely walk, a public place for pleasure - not a running track.

• Like 1

Everyone is suppose to walk/run in the same direction.  Runners or faster walkers have always passed me ...never seen anyone act irritated!  I think runners and strolling folks can share with no issues.  I also like walking on top deck...even get a few stair climbs in!  The promenade deck is one of my favorite things about the design of Viking Ships.  Great for after dinner strolls too!

We have been on deck three and never heard noise from the use of deck two.  Way Forward on deck three you will be hear anchor noise if there are tender ports!

Edited by deec

Over Torshavn on the Starboard side 3055 and 3057 are NOT good if you try to go to bed before the band stops playing.  This space is also used regularly for rehearsals during the day...sometimes EARLY morning.  We were fortunately able to be moved to another cabin after many sleepless nights/mornings.

7 hours ago, deec said:

Over Torshavn on the Starboard side 3055 and 3057 are NOT good if you try to go to bed before the band stops playing.  This space is also used regularly for rehearsals during the day...sometimes EARLY morning.  We were fortunately able to be moved to another cabin after many sleepless nights/mornings.

Last month, our D and SIL were above Torshavn on the Orion.

she went to guest services at 10:30 PM the first night and told them the noise was unbearable. They moved them to an aft-facing balcony the next day.

The next day they were anxious to have them vacate the room so they could give it to the local pilot coming onboard.

Just sailed in 3089- no noise from restaurant or promenade except for some crew chatter while doing maintenance on railings on deck 2. In port however, there is a bit of noise from fork trucks and garbage dumpsters starting pretty early. 

2 hours ago, HHBicycleguy said:

Just sailed in 3089- no noise from restaurant or promenade except for some crew chatter while doing maintenance on railings on deck 2. In port however, there is a bit of noise from fork trucks and garbage dumpsters starting pretty early. 

That's really helpful thank you. What is the view like from the balcony? Have you any pictures that you can post?