Cancelling booked tours?

GMIAC

I booked some tours on the RSSC website under MY ACCOUNT. If I want to cancel and book a different tour that overlaps with the original tour, can I do this online? I don't see a cancel button. 

32 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

I booked some tours on the RSSC website under MY ACCOUNT. If I want to cancel and book a different tour that overlaps with the original tour, can I do this online? I don't see a cancel button. 

Gotta call Regent to do this. You could do it through your TA, but it's much faster to just call Regent direct. Any time I do this, the agents are very helpful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I booked my first cruise a few months ago. I rushed in and booked daily excursions. After a little research I changed my mind and re-booked most of the excursions. Initially I booked afternoon excursions, for a more relaxed day, then I realised with UK to US jet-lag, we would be awake very early and tired by the afternoon. I re-booked the excursions for the morning.

I phoned Regent 4 times over a week and spoke to the same young man! I was a little embarrassed but he was delightful, patient and helpful every time. 

The number to call is in the excursion section of My Account. I have the UK number but that wouldn't be useful for you.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RELS said:

Gotta call Regent to do this. You could do it through your TA, but it's much faster to just call Regent direct. Any time I do this, the agents are very helpful.

I must say silversea website is much easier as you can do this online and you can book spa online as well.  Wish regent would get there.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

I must say silversea website is much easier as you can do this online and you can book spa online as well.  Wish regent would get there.

That would not only be a great feature, it would benefit both the passengers and Regent.  Imagine how many phone calls and agent time would be saved if we could just into the Account and cancel a shore excursion. 

1 minute ago, pappy1022 said:

Opportunities to automate tasks such as this will improve customer service and provide cost  savings to Regent. It’s a win for everyone. 

I’m so old I remember when we couldn’t copy/paste with the iPhone.  🤓

2 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

I’m so old I remember when we couldn’t copy/paste with the iPhone.  🤓

I remember being at work and they brought in this small computer and said it was going to change everything. We looked at each other over our green screen mainframe computers and said, what are we ever going to use this PC thing for? And now the iPhone in my pocket has more computing power than our big mainframe  did back in the early 70’s. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Mike Moore said:

That is correct - it won't be until next year, but it's coming...

that is a good improvement.  Now if we can only have an online air selection like google flights.  Enter booking, deviation date if needed, preferred alliance or carriers and poof you have your options with any upcharges, as well as an no upcharge alternative if needed.   If you have a more complex deviation, you could submit it or require a call.   That would be nirvana!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I cancelled a booking last week using the number indicated to cancel on My Profile. The cruise was booked through travel agent. No problem. 

I tried to cancel another this morning, and was told by the agent that it was cancelled, but it still shows up on My Profile and I didn't receive a cancellation e-mail. I called back and the agent who answered wouldn't cancel it and said she had to transfer me to the "travel agent customers" line. I'm now on hold for the second time, after waiting for 25 minutes for the first agent who wouldn't do it. Agents in the past had no problem cancelling without having to transfer me to another agent. Not very good service. 

Mon morning is not the best time to call….everyone has saved up their problems over the weekend and are calling.
Let your TA handle the cancelation for you.

Could be that the computers are running a little behind and the it will show up late in your file and email.

Edited by cwn

1 minute ago, cwn said:

Mon morning is not the best time to call….everyone has saved up their problems over the weekend and are calling.
let your TA handle the cancelation for you.

Thanks! Good idea.

I hate calling in and I have used the chat box - have only canceled a included tour but it works great and I will log out and log back in and the canceled tour is gone and I can then book another tour!  I never received a confirmation email with the cancelation but you can save the chat - I have tried having book a tour but it might be able to do it - I usually have a cup of coffee and once I log back in everything reset and you can book your tour!