Spa Email & Offers

deltahog

Here's the exact text of an email received today for my 9/24 sailing on Discovery Princess and it has lots of wiggle words:

"Enjoy an exclusive pre-cruise discount for the Lotus Spa®, the best place to begin your cruise. You'll love saving up to 25% on embarkation day treatments and other great deals available online. You can't get this offer on board so book it soon!"

Ah, the infamous "UP TO".  So it could be 0.1% off?  And is it only for embarkation day?  

So I click the link in the email and it simply takes me to the general page for Lotus Spa, under princess.com.  No listing of what "treatments" are on discount.  No listing of how much the discount is.  No way to compare what the sale is, versus what a regular price is.

So how am I supposed to make heads or tails of this?  Any clues or prior experience with this "pre-cruise discount"?

15 minutes ago, deltahog said:

No spa offer experts eh?  Bumping to the first page for one more try.

Not a spa expert, and I've never booked an embarkation day treatment, but I've had the email that you are talking about.  I did notice that you could see the discount (before purchasing) if you selected a treatment and a time on embarkation day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

Not a spa expert, and I've never booked an embarkation day treatment, but I've had the email that you are talking about.  I did notice that you could see the discount (before purchasing) if you selected a treatment and a time on embarkation day.

This.  When you select the treatment, it shows you the various prices for the days and times of your cruise.  Sea days are always more pricy than shore days and embarkation day can have a nice discount.  I booked a massage for embarkation evening for the first time for my upcoming cruise because it was about $50 cheaper than the next day.

• Like 1

Well it's bass ackwards.

I checked 3 different massage choices and all of them are MORE on embarkation day than later in the cruise.

For example - 50 minute Deep Tissue Massage -

$179 on departure day

$143 for 3 select other days of the cruise (2 were port days, 1 was a sea day).

Two other choices had the same pattern.

I'm lost so I guess I'll just delete the email.

On 8/16/2023 at 4:21 PM, deltahog said:

Here's the exact text of an email received today for my 9/24 sailing on Discovery Princess and it has lots of wiggle words:

"Enjoy an exclusive pre-cruise discount for the Lotus Spa®, the best place to begin your cruise. You'll love saving up to 25% on embarkation day treatments and other great deals available online. You can't get this offer on board so book it soon!"

Ah, the infamous "UP TO".  So it could be 0.1% off?  And is it only for embarkation day?  

So I click the link in the email and it simply takes me to the general page for Lotus Spa, under princess.com.  No listing of what "treatments" are on discount.  No listing of how much the discount is.  No way to compare what the sale is, versus what a regular price is.

So how am I supposed to make heads or tails of this?  Any clues or prior experience with this "pre-cruise discount"?

I used this offer and booked treatments for 2 embarkation days.  They were discounted but then they refused to apply my Elite discount too!  Also be aware that the appointments you make online may not be honored when you get there.  They changed the times so all my family who were going together, were separated by hours.