Balcony Vs Vibe on Prima

Belletora

I realize I am comparing apples to turnips; however, I figured some seasoned Prima cruisers (or those that have cruised NCL) might offer some advice. I have booked the March 1, 2023, 7-Day Caribbean Round-trip Galveston: Harvest Caye and am currently in an Oceanview. However, I am considering bumping it to a balcony or getting the Vibe pass. I am torn, though, and I do not want to splurge on both since this is a solo cruise and only for 7 days. With that said, I wonder what others would do in this position. With the balcony, I could see myself on it often with a good book. The Vibe sounds like it would be relaxing and gets me out and about. First-world problems, I know. I appreciate any advice given.

Go with the VIBE hands down-NO BRAINER-always get VIBE w/balcony cabin-but given your choice of one or the other-money

well spent on VIBE-have been on Prima 2x w/VIBE-Best part of Prima VIBE is there is no  issue with wind like on Breakaway+ where it is located in front of ship vs rear of ship on Prima and right next to buffet-can take food right to VIBE without trying to find limited seating in smaller buffet seating  area. Don't have to fight for a lounger-always plenty-NO chair hogs-best bar service on ship-and get to meet a select few VIBE cruisers you get to know and see everyday-very social-have met alot of people we now cruise with.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Interesting dilemma.

Never done the Vibe, but Mrs. Schmoopie refuses to cruise without a balcony. I guess that wins (at least in our house).

My husband would make the choice just as simple lol

3 minutes ago, Acruzaholic said:

Go with the VIBE hands down-NO BRAINER-always get VIBE w/balcony cabin-but given your choice of one or the other-money

well spent on VIBE-have been on Prima 2x w/VIBE-Best part of Prima VIBE is there is no  issue with wind like on Breakaway+ where it is located in front of ship vs rear of ship on Prima and right next to buffet-can take food right to VIBE without trying to find limited seating in smaller buffet seating  area. Don't have to fight for a lounger-always plenty-NO chair hogs-best bar service on ship-and get to meet a select few VIBE cruisers you get to know and see everyday-very social-have met alot of people we now cruise with.

I like the argument for Vibe. I hadn't realized how much better the location was on the Prima. 

2 minutes ago, rnfulk said:

I’m on team Vibe. No one brings me drinks on my balcony. The Vibe is also a quiet place to read a book. 

the best of both... Refills on wine, while I read, might actually be what seals the deal!

• Like 1

As a note, there are some pretty awesome public deck spaces on Prima that don't require Vibe access. There are some lovely padded loungers, lots of umbrellas and shade structures on the upper decks. Great for reading, if that is your thing. Also, tons of comfy padded loungers, seating, hammocks, etc. on deck 8 aft. Very rarely did we see these even close to full. 

I realize that seating isn't the only reason why people pick the Vibe, but the Prima has stepped up her public seating options.

• Like 3

I've been on the Prima but Vibe was sold out when I booked my cruise three months ahead of time so we couldn't do Vibe. Those on the ship that had it, tho, loved it. As a solo cruiser I think you'd especially appreciate it because you'd be able to meet other people and hang out and enjoy yourself. As a fellow reader, I understand the lure of a good book. So, take your book to Vibe and relax on the loungers and read there. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Sigyn said:

As a solo cruiser I think you'd especially appreciate it because you'd be able to meet other people and hang out and enjoy yourself. As a fellow reader, I understand the lure of a good book. So, take your book to Vibe and relax on the loungers and read there.

I can’t think of a better reason to book Vibe over a balcony.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Also booked for Vibe on the 3/1 sailing! Sounds like it'll be the place to be! (Traveling with my best friend - we haven't done an NCL cruise since 2020 so can't speak to Prima Vibe, but it was amazing on the Getaway, Escape, and Encore). 

• Like 2