Beef Wellington on the new menus?

MisterOJ2

So, I know when Carnival first announced the new menus, they said they would be bringing back beef Wellington. But the new menus I've seen posted in various places don't include it. Has anyone been on a cruise with the new menus yet? I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that it either is or is not on the new set of menus.

23 minutes ago, hard_eight said:

Wish you could view the menus for upcoming cruises on the Hub App. Can't find out until next week.

Me too, leave next week.  Will be interested in seeing if the new menus are out on our sailing.

14 minutes ago, hard_eight said:

According to John Heard or whatever his name is, Mardi Gras gets it starting Saturday!

Ohhh... So have the new menus not officially rolled out on any of the ships yet? For some reason, I was thinking they had already started on a few.

2 minutes ago, MisterOJ2 said:

Ohhh... So have the new menus not officially rolled out on any of the ships yet? For some reason, I was thinking they had already started on a few.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2951237-carnival-cruise-line-begins-fleetwide-rollout-of-new-dining-room-offerings/?do=findComment&comment=65919060

49 minutes ago, bmraar said:

John also said the strawberry bisque would be back, but I haven't seen it on the new menus either.  If anyone has seen it, please let me know!

A version of the strawberry soup is on the elegant night menu. It's called "Chilled Strawberry and Chia Seed" now. And, I imagine it now has chia seeds in it.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, MisterOJ2 said:

A version of the strawberry soup is on the elegant night menu. It's called "Chilled Strawberry and Chia Seed" now. And, I imagine it now has chia seeds in it.

Does it make you grow funny hair?

Chia Head - best holiday gift so far Growth Medium, Broccoli Sprouts, Wild Turkey, Christmas Past, Novelty Gifts, Marion, Thinking Of You

• Haha 6

23 hours ago, wemjam said:

Man, I don't even see the Conquest on the list (we sail next week), or Magic (we sail in December)

Magic is on the list.  The new menu starts on 10/22.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 10:48 AM, MisterOJ2 said:

So, I know when Carnival first announced the new menus, they said they would be bringing back beef Wellington. But the new menus I've seen posted in various places don't include it. Has anyone been on a cruise with the new menus yet? I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that it either is or is not on the new set of menus.

Beef Wellington was on the menu one night on the Magic in June. I think it was the 2nd Elegant Night.

On 8/17/2023 at 7:48 AM, MisterOJ2 said:

No beef Wellington on Panorama this past week.  “Vegetarian Wellington” instead.  I did not try it.

17 hours ago, PinaCarada said:

Here are the new menus. Beef Wellington is on night 7. The cheese plate is back, and the chilled strawberry (and chia seed) soup, as @MisterOJ2 said, is on the second elegant night.

https://profcruise.com/carnivals-new-dinner-menus/

The menu at the link shows the beef strip loin on the every day menu. John Heald announced last month the VP of Food was removing the strip loin and returning the flat iron steak they used to serve 4 years ago. This would be an improvement. I wonder what's up.

6 hours ago, rainbowflag said:

The menu at the link shows the beef strip loin on the every day menu. John Heald announced last month the VP of Food was removing the strip loin and returning the flat iron steak they used to serve 4 years ago. This would be an improvement. I wonder what's up.

Yes! I saw him say that too. My guess is that they haven't transitioned back to the flat iron just yet (or maybe they have, and haven't updated that part of the menus yet).

• Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 10:48 AM, MisterOJ2 said:

I am currently on the Legend on a 14-night cruise to Greenland and Newfoundland. Beef Wellington is on our menu for tonight, which is our 2nd elegant night and the 9th overall night of our cruise.

FWIW, the vegetarian entree tonight is Baked Vegetable Princess, which is described on the menu as "seasonable vegetables baked in a cheese sauce and topped with asparagus."

• Thanks 1