Specialty Restaurants, what if no availability?

coldinerie

5 hours ago, hawkeyetlse said:

On very full sailings, if you wait until later in the cruise, you may have to be flexible with the time/day or choice of restaurant, or if you’re a big group you might have to give up on eating all together. But you can always find something, and you really should use up your package however you can during the cruise, because it will not be easy to get a refund

As in you won't get a refund

51 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

making reservations for multiple nights at the same restaurant IS allowed, but the point of my original comment is that OFTEN (as was our case and and several others above) the online system may block you from doing it.  BUT it is easily solved (as we did) by calling or chatting online and asking an NCL rep to add the reservation.

Or, if  you're in the Haven, you can call  the pre-cruise concierge.

855-625-4283
norwegianconciergedesk@ncl.com
All you need is  your booking number.

• Like 1

In January on the Getaway, I was able to make my last desired reservation (early seating, sea day at Ocean Blue) the second I boarded the ship.  And we boarded late.  You will lose the meals if you don't use them, but as long as you plan to add them the second you board (or try from the terminal - depending on wireless some people were successful in the terminal, though I wasn't) you'll be fine.  That being said, I agree with another CC poster who said the only specialty meals worth buying are the ones included with your room.  We had sailed NCL 7 years ago and the specialty restaurants were excellent and worth the surcharge.  So on our most recent sailing we also upgraded and added an additional two meals in addition to the three that came with our room, and the food wasn't really worth the upcharge for the 2 extra meals not included with the room - the steaks were cooked well in Cagney's, but were served cold, and the sides were ice cold (that's very ship dependent so if people on your ship have been happy at Cagney's recently don't be scared to try).    The uncharge for the meals included with your room is fairly low, so its probably worth that.

Edited by kitkat343

3 hours ago, flyguy909 said:

Recently booked for the Getaway Oct1st.  I was able to book Cagneys on one of the sea days (late) and really want to use the other for Ocean Blue but am not seeing any available reservations for a party of 2.  One day does show availability for a party of 4.  Is there any repercussions if I book a table for 4 but only 2 of us show up?

I have done this before but once on board, I go to the reservation desk and change it to 2. Its not big deal and gives them the opportunity to book a 4 top. People cancel or fail to show up for reservations all the time which is why the specialty dining options can be so fluid. 

• Like 1