MSC Suite vs Balcony

FiremedicMike151

Hey all, I'm planning out next summer and looking at some various cruise lines, I've never sailed MSC before.  I came across a really affordable 7 day cruise on MSC on a boat that doesn't have YC, and am trying to decide between the suite and the balcony.  

Room layout aside, what are the perks of booking a suite over a balcony.  In this case it's $500 more pp.

Thanks!

Is it an Aurea suite?  Not sure if a non-YC ship has other suites.  Aurea would get you spa perks, my choice dining, and priority boarding. If you could give us an idea what class ship you are considering we can be more helpful. 

16 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Is it an Aurea suite?  Not sure if a non-YC ship has other suites.  Aurea would get you spa perks, my choice dining, and priority boarding. If you could give us an idea what class ship you are considering we can be more helpful. 

It's the MSC Magnifica, thanks for your feedback!

On 8/19/2023 at 9:58 AM, FiremedicMike151 said:

I came across a really affordable 7 day cruise on MSC on a boat that doesn't have YC, and am trying to decide between the suite and the balcony.

We have also seen some itineraries on non-YC ships that interest us. Do the suites on non-YC ships have butlers or other YC-ish benefits? I would think if they do, that would be a good reason to splurge on the suite.

1 hour ago, Best Cat Mom said:

We have also seen some itineraries on non-YC ships that interest us. Do the suites on non-YC ships have butlers or other YC-ish benefits? I would think if they do, that would be a good reason to splurge on the suite.

No YC ish benefits for suite guests. We've sailed on a non YC ship in both an Aurea suite and an Aurea balcony cabin.  The only difference is location and size of cabin and its facilities. 

Edited by CruisingFox27
  • Thanks 1